Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having an icon on every Inventor file that indicate that it have a drawing

Having an icon on every Inventor file that indicate that it have a drawing

Currently there is no immediate way to check if a file has an associated drawing.I have to open the "where used" tab and expand the tree to check if a file have an associated drawing or not.

It much easier if there is a column on the datagrid vie that indicate that a file have an associated drawing.

veaultdrawing.jpg

10 Comments
a.chinellato
Contributor

Great Idea, it's a good solution.

albertuan
Enthusiast

Good idea but how to implement it ? the icon has to apear when :

1. There is a drawing in Vault vith a view referencing the model (like in where used)
    In this case there is a limitation: how to manage not "inventror drawings" ... even if scanned PDF or DWG made from scratch in ACAD ?

2. When there is a file name with the same file name 
    Like now for DWF view file    😕

3. When there is a file with the same "part number" in the "drawing" (configurable) category ?
    (for now this is my favourite !)

omar_semenzato
Participant

For me it's very helpful too.

dsbogan90
Enthusiast

I've actually often wondered how Inventor's 'Open Drawing' command, from a part, works when multiple drawings are available for the part... I only mention this because it opens the question how will it know if you have multiple drawing for the same part.. would it include "Multi-sheet" drawings as well or would there be a way to adjust it to show a "locked" assembly as apposed to an unlocked. We use the Locking of files as a way to show a files been released and now must go through a long change order process to alter but say someone just create a drawing to show the part as an idea and checks it in. then The Released file would technically have an idw but does not have a release drawing so being able to actually decipher the difference between the life cycle of the drawing would be helpful.

ivan_gani
Advocate

On the "USES" tab, please add the possibility even to show the "included related documentation" (like, for example, during the change state).

drawing.jpg

j_weber2
Advisor

Would it be nice to have a own column the shows that a part or and assembly have a drawing, like the column for the items. With this you can faster see that a drawing exist. 

j_weber2
Advisor

Oh, sorry, I didn't find it. 

YounesYammouri
Community Manager
Status changed to: Accepted

YounesYammouri
Community Manager
Status changed to: Implemented

This has been implemented and available now within Autodesk Vault 2020. Please check the help for more details: http://help.autodesk.com/view/VAULT/2020/ENU/

j_weber2
Advisor

Great when it is implemented.

Haven't 2020 yet but looking forward to install 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report