Consider this configuration:
Revision Scheme: Prototype (default) / Production
Revision Scheme "Prototype"
Revision Scheme "Production"
1) Create a file 001.ipt
2) Check-in => revision = 00
3) Relesae the file
4) WIP the file=> revision = 01
5) Change revision scheme to Production => revision = A
6) Release the file
7) Perform a copy design in order to make a new prototype 001.ipt => 001_v2.ipt
8) The initial revision scheme of the original file is apply to the new file (default. 001_v2.ipt revision_scheme = Production / revision = A
9) Then change the unwanted revision scheme revision_scheme = Prototype / revision = 00
10) Release the file
11) WIP the file => revision = 01
12) change the revision scheme to Production revision = B
At this point it's not possible to start to A because this revision in already consumed.
If you give the right to choose cat/lfcyl/revscheme/rev during the prepare step of the Copy-design, this could be a great enhancement.
If you refund the copy-design tools in the future this could be something you must consider.
Thanks in advance.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.
Please review our Idea guidelines and best practices before posting a new idea, or voting on an existing one!