Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Collapse All' Removed From Item 'Where Used' in Vault Professional 2015?!

'Collapse All' Removed From Item 'Where Used' in Vault Professional 2015?!

What is it with stuff being removed from the product without notification or reason?!  In addition to my previous post where it was apparent column filters had been removed, I've now stumbled across this.  

In Vault Professional 2013, within the context of an Item > Where Used tab, you could right click the source Item and Collapse all.  Handy if the part has 501 parents.

2013.png

In Vault Professional 2015, see below the exact same item and the exact same tab, right click on the exact same place and you get this cobbled together tatt... not handy in the slightest if the part has 501 parents, look at the scroll bar and tell me you could be bothered to manually collapse that many parents!!!

2015.png

This must be an oversight as I don't for a second believe someone is actively removing useful functions from the product on purpose.

I'd like this put back into the product, please. 

4 Comments
ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Accepted

achintam
Autodesk

Hi Neil,

Thanks for reporting this issue. It is a defect and we're planning on addressing it in a future update to the product.

Regards

Anil Chintamaneni 

Neil_Cross
Mentor

Lovely, thanks very much.  I wasn't sure whether these type of suggestions actually fall under the remit of the IdeaStation, couldn't be initially sure if it was a defect or an intentional product change.

Please feel free to remove this from the IdeaStation if it is deemed more of a support issue than a wish list issue.

YounesYammouri
Community Manager
Status changed to: Implemented

This Request is implemented in Autodesk Vault Professional 2016.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report