Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk 360 rename... Vault knows.

Autodesk 360 rename... Vault knows.

I started using the Autodesk 360 Sync folder as my vaults working folder which works well for me. I would like the ability that when a file is renamed in Autodesk 360 and syncs back to my local sync folder, that Vault knows Autodesk 360 renamed the file. I know this is possible because if you rename a file now using Windows Explorer, Vault will give you message in Inventor that says "The file has been renamed or moved to a new location"

5 Comments
scottmoyse
Mentor
So I Imventor notifies you, but you have to go find it And rebuild the reference though
ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration

BrotherkennyhDWR
Enthusiast

hi,

I have been looking at putting some of our Vault onto Autodesk 360. It would be nice if I could automate some of this.

The Vault is already capable of publishing the vault visualizations to a network/drive location, but it would be good if we could also select a 360 folder and have some additional options.

For example It would be helpful to select which vault folders get published and even what file types.

It would also be nice if the visualisation setting could be different for the version stored in the vault and the version that is published outside the vault. This would allow us to publish drawings/models that can have printing/measure etc locked, but still have these features active for the users who have vault access.

If we were to have a Vault folder on 360 then it would also be good if the Vault or 360 was able to recognise unwanted files, eg files that have been, renamed, deleted or moved in the vault, but are still on 360 should be removed.

Senthil_Kumar
Autodesk
Thanks for sharing your Idea. We use this forum to guide product development and help users in the best way we can based on voting. We occasionally merge Ideas or archive old ones to keep the forum working properly- it ensures there is room for people to review new Ideas and that the most relevant and meaningful ones can gain votes. We’re archiving this Idea because it's been on the board for well over a year and hasn't received many votes from the community. If you want to raise it again and try to gain more support, you're welcome to do so. We’ve found that pictures and mock-ups can help get concepts across and win more votes from other users. If you have questions or see a connection between this Idea and others, let us know. - Vault product team
Senthil_Kumar
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report