Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xref in vault explorer, web client or thin client

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
wesbird
335 Views, 1 Reply

xref in vault explorer, web client or thin client

Hi All:

I just start our first Vault project in our company. Vault does a great job to handle xref in xref, once you upload master dwg and xref dwg in vault, you can rename both file and folder, move file and folder, when you check the file, vault will figure out the xref dwg for you. great job, thank you, Autodesk. 

Then I start play with web client, when I double click a dwg file, it download and open in AutoCAD, which is good, but it missing the xref file, the xref still point to the very original path. Did I something wrong?

also the file was downloaded at "C:\Users\<long in name>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\RYRL5FG3\", IE temporary folder, not the working folder. Is it correct?

I have not spent any time on thin client yet. does it get any better? 

Thank you so much and have a great weekend

Wes

Windows 10 64 bit, AutoCAD (ACA, Map) 2023
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
olearya
in reply to: wesbird

Hey Wes,

The read only web client does not support multiple file download.  The intent of this application is for consumer searching and viewing (dwf) - you can download source file but we limit it to single files - references will not work.

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report