Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Professional file security overrides

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
david_j2_myers
930 Views, 8 Replies

Vault Professional file security overrides

I have many files in the vault that have file security overrides that I would like to remove and revert back to object based security.  I can do this one by one using the details security tab.  I would like to multi select or mass change in some way but I can't see how I can do that.  Any ideas?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 3 of 9
david_j2_myers
in reply to: cbenner

Sorry, 2014 Vault Professional

Message 4 of 9

Also, after the security override is removed, the file appears to default to the folder security instead of the existing item security.  For example the Item is released and the file is not locked.  Is there a way to force it to the existing item security versus the folder security?

Message 5 of 9

Did anyone come up with a solution to this problem?  I have run into it as well in Vault Professional 2015.  I have a large number of files that the client has set to read-only at the file level.  In my case, these files do not have items controlling them.  I am in need of a way to bulk change the security to at least give the Administrator account the ability to modify them (primarily to move them).  I have tried adjusting the folder security, but the file security is not affected by folder security.  Is there a way to do this that is not individually?
Thanks,
Mark

Regards,
Mark Cloyed
IMAGINiT Technologies
Message 6 of 9
pdelore
in reply to: mark.cloyed

Any solutions to this?

We are experiencing the exact same problem and would like to change the security override settings for multiple files at once.

Message 7 of 9
david_coulam
in reply to: pdelore

This is not a solution to the bulk aspect of it, but setting the item to work in progress, then doing a roll back seems to reset security.

Message 8 of 9
adenobel
in reply to: david_j2_myers

Any solutions to this?

We are experiencing the exact same problem and would like to change the security override settings for multiple files at once.

Message 9 of 9
david_coulam
in reply to: adenobel

I just removed an attached file from an item in a test vault.  After removal, the file has a security override with four groups randomly assigned with varying levels of permissions.  Weird.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums