Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Baisc Check out Errors

22 REPLIES 22
SOLVED
Message 1 of 23
Cadmanto
1863 Views, 22 Replies

Vault Baisc Check out Errors

I had Vault Basic loaded on my machine at the start, then I had to have my machine reloaded.  I was not able to backup the vault thru ADMS (speaks to another thread I had).  I have since reloaded Vault and since that time, I have gotten it to the point where Vault and Inventor are connected and seeing each other, but the issue while I am able to check items in (except drawings for some reason), I cannot check them out.

I get the following error.

Error3.JPG

error.JPG

In the case of the drawings, it looks like this.

ERROR4.JPG

Shows in read indicating it has not been saved.  I save it then try checking it in, and it doesn't go.  Not messages or anything, just doesn't go and remains looking like this image.

I should also add that the "Copy Design" functionality error as well.

error.JPG

I know it is all related.

Thoughts?

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

22 REPLIES 22
Message 21 of 23
Cadmanto
in reply to: swalton

Steve,

Some good tips there and I will look into the links you provided.

Unfortunately, working for a large company our hands our tied when it comes to dictating the hardware we are given.  As it stands right now, we are lucky as a department to even have this external HD to use for vault.  Considering vault is still under watchful eye from above, I am trying to get it into the flow of things based on my useage of it over the last three years.

So, if this documentation will allow me to install the ADMS on this external drive and then allow me to restore my current vault into it. Life will be very good.  Because this is the hand I have been dealt.  Then, once I have client installed on the other user machines, they can start checking their files into the vault.  Hopefully flawlessly.

I know this is not the ideal condition, but if I can get this setup to work, what you have suggested will definately be down the road.  For now this is what I have to work with.

As far as the backups go, I am running them twice a week on my local and then copying the backup folder to the network.  Where they get backed up daily.  So far it is working.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 22 of 23
swalton
in reply to: Cadmanto

Scott,

Those darn hardware limits Smiley Sad

I think in your case, the ADMS software can stay on the local harddrive.  You can move the file store and database without moving the ADMS software.  See: http://help.autodesk.com/view/VAULT/Help/ENU/?guid=GUID-4B462C1C-CDEA-45ED-B670-3BEFD2605DE5

If you want the ADMS install to be on the external harddrive too, then you will have to uninstall ADMS from your machine and then re-install it to the external drive and restore your backups.  I'm not sure what will be gained from that effort.

The workstation will become a server as your other users log on to the ADMS website running on the machine to access the vaulted files.

Steve Walton
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Inventor 2023
Vault Professional 2023
Message 23 of 23
Cadmanto
in reply to: swalton

Steve,

I am good with leaving the ADMS on my machine.  So that means I will be creating another vault (file store and database) except this time on the external HD.  Makes sense.

Definately looks to be the smoothest method to go.  So, with this setup there is not a limit to the amount of clients that can access the vault.  Not that there will be a lot anyway.  4-5 for starters and growing to about 12.

Think we are good.

Thank you again for your assistance.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report