Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renaming a group of model files

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
nathan.c.keeley
255 Views, 1 Reply

Renaming a group of model files

Hi all. So here's my quandry...

I am developing a new product line and when I do, my preference has become to model everything in a separate temporary folder in Vault with 'logical' part numbers then move everything once the design is complete to the main file directory for the company and give everything a proper part number.

So right now I have 135 files with names like; leg, legbracket, sidewall2, etc etc etc.

My company uses a straight sequential part numbering system so I want to rename them all to 850, 851, 852, etc etc etc

This seems like a really basic feature that the 'Renaming' tool in Vault would support, but so far it has just eluded me completely. Anybody know how to do this automatically?

Thanks for your time!

PS - Using Vault Basic 2014

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

With Vault Basic you are very limited with file manipulation. I'm on professional and I can select all of the files, RMB adn select Renane abd apply a Numbering Scheme to the files. I don't think you have this in Basic.

Brendan Henderson
CAD Manager

New Blog | Old Blog | Google+ | Twitter

Inventor 2016 PDSU Build 236, Release 2016.2.2, Vault Professional 2016 Update 1, Win 7 64 bit

Please use "Accept as Solution" & give "Kudos" if this response helped you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report