Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems after installing Vault 2014

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
karthur1
845 Views, 5 Replies

Problems after installing Vault 2014

Installed Vault Server and Cleint 2014.  Still have Vault client 2013 installed.  When I open Vault Basic 2014, I see the files in the grid, but the icons dont appear.  I see the same icons in Windows Explorer.  Did a repair install on Inventor Pro 2013 and rebooted.... still no icons.  Looks like this from windows explorer. 

I ran Inventor 2013 (as Administrator) and that did not help.

How do I get the icons back?

Below is what I see.  On the left is from the Inventor>File Open Dialog and on the right is from Windows Explorer.

2013-04-21_1028.png

Also, In Vault Basic 2013, when I open this, there are no files in the grid.  I can see folders, but no files.  I thought that Vault Basic client 2013 was compatible with ADMS 2014.... Is it not?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
karthur1
in reply to: karthur1

Got the icons back.... Magically started working correctly after I ran as administrator.

Still have the problem with Vault Basic 2013 not showing any files.

2013-04-21_1035_001.png

Message 3 of 6
gaol

Hi 

Thanks,
Lily
Message 4 of 6
karthur1

Correct. No files show in folder. Best I can tell, it is all the folders. I didn't go thru all of them to check. The ones I checked, no files shown in them. There should be Inventor files there.
Message 5 of 6
gaol

Hi Karthur1,

Are you using .Net 4.5? There is a known issue that:.Net4.5 is not compatible with the Vault 2013 client.

The SP1 has solved it:http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=21017345&linkID=9261341

Hope this can solve your problem.

Thanks,
Lily
Message 6 of 6
dcoulam3

Do you have a filter applied?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report