Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plug in for Alerts?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
cbenner
248 Views, 2 Replies

Plug in for Alerts?

Has anyone out there created any sort of plug in for Vault Pro 2013, which will create some sort of an alert on a property change?  Specifically, I have created a custom object for Tasks, and would like to have an alert pop up on a users PC if the property: "Assigned To" is set to that user's name.  Before we go to the trouble of writing a program for this, I've been asked to see if there is one out there we can borrow or buy or steal... or whatever.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
minkd
in reply to: cbenner

Does it have to be an alert?

Each user could make a saved-search to find the Tasks that are assigned to them. This wouldn't require custom programming.

-Dave

Dave Mink
Fusion Lifecycle
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 3
cbenner
in reply to: minkd

I'm looking for a wow factor... not a need to have, but a "sure would be cool to have".  It would also take out of the equation the need to rely on users actually using a search tool.  If a task is hot they would know about it immediately. 

Like I said, our programmer is more than willing to take this on,... just checking our options first.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report