Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error migrating from Vault Basic 2013 to 2015

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
la
Explorer
434 Views, 5 Replies

Error migrating from Vault Basic 2013 to 2015

We've been running Vault Basic 2013 like forever (we've been 2 busy to upgrade) but now finally we were to upgrade it. I've read several times how it is possible to skip one version, like going from 2011 to 2013 so I thought it would work like a charm. But unfortunately no 😞

The installation of the Vault Basic 2015 is not a problem, only after when the Data Management Console is started, and it tries to migrate the databases, it fails.

The error is: Migration of 'databasename' failed: 'FK_BOMComponentProperty_BOMComponent' is not a constraint. Could not drop constraint. See previous errors. Would you like to migrate remaining databases? Selecting 'No' will stop further migrations.

I have created a support ticket with Autodesk but still no answer - and I have 5 colleagues sitting waiting for the Vault to be back up and running before they can work again. It's been 2 days now :S

I've come across this thread http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/vault-general-discussion/vault-server-2014-to-2015-database-migration-... which is similar however not exactly the same. In that case the problem was addressed in a hotfix (and later also in the SP) - it was a delete statement that failed.

I then thought I would try to upgrade just one version, to see if that would work. I rolled back to 2013 and installed 2014 and tried to migrate my 2013 to that, but another error occured: Migration of 'databasename' failed: There is already an object named 'ADMS'VacuumRestriction' in the database. CREATE SCHEMA failed due to previous errors.

I'm running virtuel so I can go to the installation of 2013, 2014 or 2015 I have created as needed - so whether I get the 2014 or the 2015 running, it would still be considered progress 🙂

Anyone with a good idea?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
minkd
in reply to: la

For problems like this, you should open a Product Support case.  While you are waiting for a response, make sure you have the latest updates for 2015 installed.

-Dave

Dave Mink
Fusion Lifecycle
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 6
la
Explorer
in reply to: minkd

Thanks minkd, but as I wrote in my thread I have already created a ticket :

I have created a support ticket with Autodesk but still no answer - and I have 5 colleagues sitting waiting for the Vault to be back up and running before they can work again. It's been 2 days now :smileyfrustrated:

I have tried with both a clean Vault Basic 2015 and with Vault Basic 2015 SP1 as suggested in the thread I linked, before starting the database migration. Same result.

Do you know how long it usually takes before a ticket is answered?

/Louise

Message 4 of 6
minkd

I have no idea - I have no insight nor influence on the inner workings of Product Support.

-Dave

Dave Mink
Fusion Lifecycle
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 6
la
Explorer
in reply to: minkd

Well I can tell you to not expect it to be fast - so far I've waited 8 days and 9 hours without as much as a reply. I don't know what to say....

Message 6 of 6
la
Explorer

13 days, serious? No reply, no nothing. Why offer the option to create support tickets when you never answer the customer, Autodesk?

Oh well never mind, I guess we'll have to keep using the Vault 2013 then. A bit of a shame that we just renewed our subscribtion. Smiley Sad

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report