Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy Design - Can't Copy Skeleton Used to Derive Parts

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
brimal
762 Views, 2 Replies

Copy Design - Can't Copy Skeleton Used to Derive Parts

I created a multibody solid skeleton model that I used to derive the components of my assembly.  In the assembly, I have linked parameters from the skeleton.  In addition to the derived components, I also have regular stand alone library and content center parts in the assembly.  I also created a drawing of that contains views of the assembly and derived components files.  All files are checked into the Vault.

When I try to do copy design on the drawing, it pulls all the interrelated files into the Copy Design dialog.  As I go through and begin changing names, everthing appears to be working correctly.  However, even though I changed the name on the skeleton model, it still has a File Status of "Reuse".  When I right-click on the File Status, "Copy" is available, but when I click on it, the status doesn't change.  I also noticed that "Replace" is greyed out on the status menu.

Why can't I copy my skeleton?  Please help.  I'm using Vault 2013.

(I've attached a screenshot of my Copy Design screen).

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
swalton
in reply to: brimal

What happens if you set the dependant assembly to copy before you try to copy the parent skeleton part?

Steve Walton
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Inventor 2023
Vault Professional 2023
Message 3 of 3
brimal
in reply to: swalton

I seem to have fixed this problem (or at least a work around).  I worked my way down the list of components in the Copy Design window and changed all the derived components from "Reuse" to "Copy".  Once they are ALL changed to "Copy", the skeleton part file can successfully be changed to "Copy" status.

It would be nice if there was feedback from the Vault telling the user why the status of a model can't be changed (as in this case).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report