Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF State & Revision Sync - Vault Pro 2023

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
drewtwitch
330 Views, 3 Replies

PDF State & Revision Sync - Vault Pro 2023

Hello All,

I'm experiencing some issues around creating PDF's in the Lifecyle states or manually using the job processor. Currently we are getting the following error while creating PDF's via change states or manual creation:

"An error occurred while attempting to synchronize states between the source and the PDF file: Operation is restricted."

From the research I've done, these are the steps to get the pdf's to sync state and revision: 

1. Under PDF Options Enable "Sync Lifecycle State and Revision As Source"
  2. Create Design Representation Category
  3. Create Design Representation Lifecycle and Assign to Design Representation Category
    1. Does the Design Representation Lifecycle states must match the Drawing Lifecycle States exactly?
    2. Add Job Processor to each state security settings and give it full permissions.
    3. Do I need to modify any transitions settings?
  4. Create Design Representation Revision scheme and assign it to Design Representation Category.
    1. Have the Design Representation Revision match the Drawing Revision scheme
  5. Assign Properties as required
  6. Create Design Representation Rule
    1. Rule Criteria "Classification Is Design Representation"
    2. Enable "Apply rules on object creation"

Any advice or input on my workflow would be greatly appreciated.

AT

Labels (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
gandhey
in reply to: drewtwitch

Hello,

Also check if the user has the Modify access on the LC state in Design rep and if needed on the drawing files LC state.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/vault-products/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2022/EN...

Regards,

Yogeshwar

(Vault team)

Message 3 of 4
drewtwitch
in reply to: gandhey

Thanks for the quick reply Gandhey.

Right now the group "Everyone" and "Job processor" has modify access to each state in the design representation lifecycle and the "Job processor" has modify access to each state in the Drawing Lifecycle. The State sync is still not working. I'm still getting the the error:

"An error occurred while attempting to synchronize states between the source and the PDF file: Operation is restricted." 

Are there other security settings somewhere that I need to modify?

I copied the Drawing Lifecycle to create the "Design Representation Lifecycle". Would that cause any issues?

AT

Message 4 of 4
joseoltra
in reply to: drewtwitch

Make sure that the JobProcessor has FULL rights in all the states from your "Drawing Lifecycle".

In addition to settting the same lifecycle state and revision, Jobprocessor will try to create a link (attachment) between the drawing and the PDF, and that implies a drawing edition.

Inventor
Revit
Vault Professional
Autocad

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report