Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: File not found in the filestore

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
shastu
190 Views, 5 Replies

Error: File not found in the filestore

Yesterday, I realized that our backup was not getting created.  We currently have the task scheduler firing off the script and according to the task scheduler the backups were successfully running but the VaultBackup folders were not there.  So I decided to run a backup directly from the ADMS console to see what would happen.  At some point in time, 6:07:57 pm to be exact, there was an error that stopped the process.  I assume this is why the VaultBackup never got created but what is interesting to me is that the file is actually there and it doesn't even seem to be corrupted because I can copy the file outside of the filestore and open it with no problem.  See screenshots and tell me if I am missing something simple and if I am not, what in the world is causing this error?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
shastu
in reply to: shastu

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?  I would really like to know why this error is happening.

Message 3 of 6
ihayesjr

@shastu 

I am wondering if there is a permissions problem. Can you go to that file in the Vault Client and perform a Get on version 5 of the file? Does it work?

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Vault - Under the Hood Blog
Message 4 of 6
shastu

Yes, I can do a get on all 8 versions and it will download a file, but I there are only seven versions of the file in the filestore.  It looks like it is pulling the wrong versions after version 4.  See screenshot:

The files on the left are from the filestore.  The files on the right are from the “Get” operation.  After I did the get, I added the version number to the end of the ipt extension in order to keep them organized.  I don’t actually know why the “Date modified” dates aren’t exact, but if you just go by the filesize they all match up 1 through 7 but then version 8 is the same file size as version 7.  Which makes me think that 1 through 4 are correct, but the vault version 5 is actually opening the file related to version 6 and that continues for the rest of them until you get to version 8 and it can’t find a version 8 in the filestore so it just pulls the latest on that is in there.

Message 5 of 6
ihayesjr

@shastu 

It looks like your versions are matching what is in the file store.

Just because you see 8 versions in the History tab doesn't mean you have 8 physical files. Some metadata changes do not create a new physical file. From your image, versions 7 & 8 use the same file.

I recommend creating a support case to see why you are getting the validation error.

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Vault - Under the Hood Blog
Message 6 of 6
shastu
in reply to: ihayesjr

I did create a support case. The Case ID is 22704060

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report