Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assignment Rules not working when checking in new files/items into Vault

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
umuhammed5WR5K
3127 Views, 4 Replies

Assignment Rules not working when checking in new files/items into Vault

Whenever I check in new files (such as inventor models and drawings), I have rules set up so that they are automatically put into the right categories, and therefore the correct revision schemes and lifecycles. However, whenever I check in any new file, Vault always puts it under the "default" category that is set. Why aren't the files being put under the categories they should be going to automatically from the rules that were set?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
gandhey
in reply to: umuhammed5WR5K

Hello,

Please check if you have the checkbox 'Apply Rules on Object Creation' checked/marked in the 'Rule' dialog?

Also check if you have same rule condition for different rules you may have, in such case the rule precedence will govern the rule assignment.

Regards,

Yogeshwar

(Vault team)

Message 3 of 5
umuhammed5WR5K
in reply to: gandhey

I did check to see if it is checked marked, which it is as you can see in the attached snips. Also, I attached snips of each rule and the criteria. I don't believe it is the same but if you think it is, please let me know what should be done. Notice that the default rule is also set to a random category I picked (I am not sure if this also affects anything or not). There is no rule criteria set for the default rule.

Please let me know! Thank you!

Message 4 of 5
gandhey
in reply to: umuhammed5WR5K

Hello,

Please note that the Rule Conditions follow an AND condition. (not OR)

You may use some of the suggestions here to build the rules : 

https://underthehood-autodesk.typepad.com/blog/2010/03/category-assignment-cheat-sheet.html

Regards,

Yogeshwar

(Vault team)

Message 5 of 5
umuhammed5WR5K
in reply to: gandhey

I understand. I originally thought it was based on an OR basis. I just fixed my rules and now they are working. Thank you very much!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report