Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2017 Vault Basic "Get" on large folders with files previously moved, extremely slow

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
joe_schmitz
86 Views, 0 Replies

2017 Vault Basic "Get" on large folders with files previously moved, extremely slow

Hello, we have an old 2017 Vault Basic server with 2.7 million files.  We want to do a "get" and dump all the files and folders out to an archive server so we can shut the Vault server down.  The problem is, many of these 2.7 million files were previously moved to an "archive" folder inside Vault.  These files that were previously moved are extremely slow when doing a "get", I believe because references may be out of date.   I tried to "update file references" on these files, but that doesn't see to fix this issue.  I tried "get" on smaller folders with moved files, but it is still slow.  Files that were not moved "get" very quickly.  Is there a way to fix these references of moved files in mass before doing the "get", or does anyone know of a another approach.

Thanks in advance,

Joe S.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report