Community
Vault Customization
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault API, Data Standard, and VBA topics related to programming, creating add-ins, or working with the Vault API.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault 2017 - Login Error

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Micky_SDP
1114 Views, 5 Replies

Vault 2017 - Login Error

Hi everybody, here is my problem. If I try to use Vault 2017 SDK into Autocad (OEM) 2016, when I do something on Vault Login Windows appears this message: Unable to find assembly Autodesk.Connectivity.WebService.Interop 22.0.0.0 Is Vault 2017 SDK compatible with Autocad 2016? I attach the screenshot.. Regards, Michele
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
AlexFielder
in reply to: Micky_SDP

Hi @Micky_SDP,

If I understand things correctly, you would need to use the Autodesk Vault 2016 SDK to work alongside AutoCAD 2016.

The 2016 SDK should be able to talk to Vault 2017 in the same way that the 2015/2016 Vault clients can.

Regards,

Alex.

Message 3 of 6
Micky_SDP
in reply to: AlexFielder

Hi @AlexFielder, I try to use the Autodesk Vault 2016 SDK and when I call the Login Windows appears this error: autodesk.data management.client.framework.vault.forms.Library throw an ecception I think the problem is that on the PC is not installed into the Vault Client 2016 but only the Vault Client 2017. Regards, Michele
Message 4 of 6
chad.salmela
in reply to: Micky_SDP

I don't know if this will help, but I was having an issue logging into Vault with the 2017 dll files. My code would work fine with the 2016 dll files, but then not work when I updated them to 2017. After many hours of trying things, this is what I did that I think fixed the problem.

I added a reference to the Autodesk.Connectivity.WebServices.Interop.dll and Autodesk.Connectivity.WebServices.WCF.dll. I also tried to add a reference to the clmloader.dll but for some reaason it wouldn't let me. But I copied the clmloader.dll and added it to my project bin folder and then my connection issues went away.

Chad

Message 5 of 6
AlexFielder
in reply to: chad.salmela

Thanks @chad.salmela for the tip on the Autodesk.Connectivity.WebServices.WCF reference.

My Addin still doesn't log in, but I'll report back to the other thread I have concerning this and ask Autodesk for feedback.

Cheers,

Alex.

Message 6 of 6
Micky_SDP
in reply to: AlexFielder

Thanks @chad.salmela for the help..

Your solution works fine...

Cheers,

Michele

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report