Community
Vault Customization
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault API, Data Standard, and VBA topics related to programming, creating add-ins, or working with the Vault API.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data sheet - problem with the material list

17 REPLIES 17
SOLVED
Message 1 of 18
idealogicERZYZ
700 Views, 17 Replies

Data sheet - problem with the material list

Hello,
After the default installation and in the VDS-Sample-Configurations--2025 version, there is no drop-down material list in the form under the vault and under the inventor.

Zrzut ekranu 2024-08-19 221319.png

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18

I think this relates to your Vault behavior configuration. For Vault: The text box changes to a pull-down list as a material property is mapped and has list values. For Inventor, the pull-down lists the materials of the configured library in the IPJ.

MarkusKoechl_0-1724134299459.png

MarkusKoechl_1-1724134365578.png

Markus Koechl

Solutions Engineer PDM, Autodesk Central Europe
Message 3 of 18

I have all paths configured by default. 

idealogicERZYZ_0-1724167903936.png

Message 4 of 18

Property mapped by default.

idealogicERZYZ_0-1724168134598.png

idealogicERZYZ_1-1724168157773.png

E

Message 5 of 18

For Inventor: Is "Material" linked with the selected category, e.g., "Engineering". 

For Vault, your "Material" property definition does not have ListValues, so Vault will not switch from Text to Pull-Down until you create list values. This is unchanged and legacy behavior.

Markus Koechl

Message 6 of 18

Properties are assigned to the Engineering category.

idealogicERZYZ_1-1724175645940.png

I wonder if your own material files could be blocking something here? The database migration was done from version 2023

idealogicERZYZ_0-1724175440901.png

Message 7 of 18

I did a clean install on vbox and still the same error. The form under vault does not have a drop-down list of materials, the form under inventor works correctly.

Vault

idealogicERZYZ_0-1724240885685.png

Inventor

idealogicERZYZ_1-1724241026882.png

Message 8 of 18

Again, does your Vault UDP "Material" have list values? The screenshot indicates that you test against a fresh Vault, so you must add list values to the property. Vault Material does not read from the Inventor Material library.

Markus Koechl

Message 9 of 18

Where is this mapping ? 

1 ?

idealogicERZYZ_1-1724243268458.png

2 ?

idealogicERZYZ_0-1724243206384.png

Are we mapping .adsklib or .ipt file ?

Message 10 of 18

We don't map Inventor materials in Vault. You need to build your own pull-down list by entering the material names to the UDP ListValues. You can automate the transfer - I wrote sample code years ago. It is available on my GitHub https://github.com/koechlm/Vault-Sample---ImportInventorMaterials.

Markus Koechl

Message 11 of 18

Thanks for the tip. The question is why did it get so complicated compared to the previous version? Are there any plans to make some simple configuration?

E

Message 12 of 18

There is no change—Vault Data Standard dialogs never previously provided direct access to the Inventor material names. Your legacy Vault may have list values in the UDP. To test it in a new version, export the CFG and create your test Vault, consuming it.

Markus Koechl

Message 13 of 18

This was a migration from 2023 to 2025, so the database configuration was automatically imported, but there was a problem with the vds form under the vault.

E

Message 14 of 18

Did you have a custom VDS extension that reads material information from sources other than the UDP ListValues? Again - neither 2023 nor 2025 VDS does anything differently.

Markus Koechl

Message 15 of 18

I am using your VDS solution for 2023 and 2025 in the default version without any modification from me. In VDS 2023 version the list was displayed, in VDS-MFG-Sample | VDS-PDMC-Sample 2025 Update 1 version, unfortunately not.

E

Message 16 of 18

I am sorry to repeat again: there was no change on the VDS-MFG-Sample side. The change must be your Vault UDP configuration.

Markus Koechl

Message 17 of 18

Hello Markus, I have another question about the blocked Material in the inventor form.

idealogicERZYZ_0-1724333308600.png

I swapped directories in the default Data Standard and the Material field got blocked.

idealogicERZYZ_1-1724333424718.png

E

Message 18 of 18

Good catch—that was my fault in the latest release of VDS-MFG-2025. I accidentally swapped the configuration for Part material and Weldment Material: Parts should have the pull-down list, while Weldment should only display the weld feature material as read-only text. Find the corrected Inventor.xaml file attached.

Markus Koechl

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report