Community
The Community Room
The Community Room is a space to have conversations about anything you’d like to discuss with your fellow Engineers, Architects, Designers and basically all community members in here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tips and tricks to manage your events virtually

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
rachel.hartley
1668 Views, 6 Replies

Tips and tricks to manage your events virtually

It's been quite a month in the world of events, and each day we are hearing of more and more events being cancelled. 

The priority during this outbreak is for everyone to prioritize their health, and prevent the spread of the virus. This has a direct impact on your upcoming events, and how to plan accordingly. The CMX Community put together a comprehensive guide on planning for virtual events and communicating to your members that could help you navigate these uncharted waters. Instead of cancelling your event, you can find new ways to host your event virtually. 

I also encourage you to check out the groups a part of the Autodesk Group Network, as they have experience live-streaming meetups, hosting online webinars, and managing communities virtually. 

Do you have any tips or solutions that you are implementing to carry-on with your events/conferences? I welcome you to share below!

Rachel Hartley
Community Program Manager
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Hello, dear colleagues!

Let me share the russian experience.

There are decades of online groups, first of all - in Telegram, but now every messenger supports large groups.

And it is normal to communicate in group of more than 2000 members, if you have clear rules, 3-7 moderators and at least one of them is online constantly. Sometimes this kind of communications is more exciting than offline, and it is  more rapid in any case. All the links and files are collected automatically, and everybody can find and use all the information later. And communication is as fast as it possible. I think somtimes that offline communication or video calls are not much faster than typing text on your laptop or smartphone.

You can find these groups at the Rachel's link if you're interested in.

Good health to you! 🙂

Александр Лапыгин | Aleksander Lapygin
 LinkedIn | Вконтакте | Facebook | Youtube

Эксперт по решениям Autodesk | Autodesk Solutions Expert

Находите сообщения полезными? Поставьте "НРАВИТСЯ" этим сообщениям! | Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
На ваш вопрос успешно ответили? Нажмите кнопку "УТВЕРДИТЬ РЕШЕНИЕ" | Have your question been answered successfully? Click "ACCEPT SOLUTION" button.

Message 3 of 7

Google Cloud Next announced that they are transforming their conference into a global, digital connect instead of cancelling the conference entirely. Their FAQ's give insight into how they are handling refunds for already purchased tickets, travel, accommodations, swag, and more. Click here to see how Google made the announcement, and here for how they are promoting and conducting the conference itself. 

Check out this thread on Twitter to see what other people are sharing about those successfully running large virtual events. 

Who do you see setting great examples for running virtual events and conferences? Share below!

Rachel Hartley
Message 4 of 7

Members,

Today, we all grapple with the impact of the COVID-19 Novel Coronavirus pandemic.

Situations like these can be challenging and stressful for all of us. We are in this together and one of the things that I have found useful is to talk about uncertain challenges as we work through them.

There isn't a single solution to every problem, but I'm confident that we can work together to support each other.

I'm a lecturer at engineering college and currently using the methodology to deliver live lectures online as the school collages are lockdown already.

I'm planning to start Fusion 360 webinar series for totally newbie so students can utilise this holidays and learn Playing with F360. Your suggestions are needed.

Thanks & Regards,
MohammedAzim Shaikh

Please use the Accept Solution button to mark any posts that provide the answer or solution. 

Likes are always welcome.

LinkedIn | Instagram | Facebook | YouTube 

Message 5 of 7

CMX Founder David Spinks has another great interview on a crash course to putting together virtual events, and the difference between a webinar and an event. Read it here: “Don’t just throw together a webinar”

It's very relevant whether you have a robust in-person community and are going virtual for the first time, or had a hybrid approach to community and now have to double down on the quality of your virtual engagements.

Main Takeaways:
  • The best communities out there exist both in-person and online.
  • Getting better at virtual now is the only option in the short term + a great way to engage your community if done right.
  • Webinars are not community events.
  • Small-localized discussions are.

Rachel Hartley
Message 6 of 7
lienxon
in reply to: rachel.hartley

Yes, now it’s true that most of the events can be held online due to well-known reasons, but before that everything was absolutely the same, however company registration in hong kong I think there is always a question how to attract more people, real people to your event, so what if it’s just open a small branch of your company, say in another country  then the question of the quality of your services will no longer be a question, it will be a fact, well, and accordingly, people will come too.

Message 7 of 7

There seem to be numerous ways to manage your events virtually or communicate with a remote team or group. Of course, Zoom is one of the most frequently used apps. Our team uses it the most. Another option that works for us is Discord. We don't use it as often as Zoom, but it has some features we find valuable. It allows creating multiple chat rooms, which may be helpful in case you manage a large project and want to store and access all the information in one place. What I especially like about Discord is the ability of voice channels (chatrooms).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report