Community
The Community Room
The Community Room is a space to have conversations about anything you’d like to discuss with your fellow Engineers, Architects, Designers and basically all community members in here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Class Action Lawsuit Autocad LT for Mac

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
ar17ms
298 Views, 5 Replies

Class Action Lawsuit Autocad LT for Mac

the performance of this product is so poor (I speak in general terms so as not to have to describe all the time consuming glitches/end-arounds),  I wonder if the subject of a class action lawsuit against autodesk for this product has been suggested by anyone?

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: ar17ms

What exact detailed issues would you like assistance with?
LT year version?
MacOS version?

NOTE: We are all end users just like you using the same software and most of us are not suffering with AutoCAD/LT software.

If you only wish to vent or whatever it is you are doing we can ask that your post get moved a more appropriate forum instead.

TIA
Message 3 of 6
ar17ms

The issues are many that I have had through the years. Since I am working now I will tell you a few that I am currently experiencing:

1) will not snap to the NEAREST selection;

2) gets laggy whenever I delete the simplest line, lets say 10 seconds (quite annoying),

3) when I publish I lose my xrefs (though they appear on the sheet and they print w/ a simple print,

4) inconvenient crashes and on and on.

But I didnt post this to ask for solutions. I am fed up with the product and autodesk in general. Particularly the support. And so I posted the question. 

I am using LT for Mac 2022, I re-downloaded the product this morning to see if that would help. I am using Big Sur 11.6.1. 

***THE POST HAS BEEN EDITED FOR CLARITY***

Message 4 of 6
pendean

@ar17ms wrote:

But I didnt post this to ask for solutions. I am fed up with the product and autodesk in general. Particularly the support. And so I posted the question. 

Thanks for the list: so you want the post moved to another forum then? You might as well call a lawyer too, and mortgage your house, it's going to be a long pointless fight in the courts.

Or would like fellow end users around here to help you out a bit?

Or maybe it's time you changes software and software vendors: there are lots of others that run on MacOS out there too. Let us know what you'd like to do.

FWIW reinstalling LT does nothing differently, and stating you have LT2022 does not confirm if you have the latest required updates: try ABOUT command in the program.

Also confirm which Apple device you are running on please.

TIA

Message 5 of 6
ar17ms
in reply to: pendean

The original question correctly states what I am asking. 

Message 6 of 6
AllenJessup

@ar17ms wrote:

I wonder if the subject of a class action lawsuit against autodesk for this product has been suggested by anyone?

Not as far as I've ever heard.

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report