Community
Tandem Forum
Welcome to Autodesk's Tandem Forum. Please share your knowledge, ask questions, collaborate on ideas, and explore forum topics
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending data to a Tandem Stream

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
AdamPeter
1016 Views, 2 Replies

Sending data to a Tandem Stream

With the launch of Streams still fresh in our minds, we thought it might be helpful to provide a walkthrough of what is actually happening on the sending side of the stream and how it ultimately lands inside of Tandem. Tell us what you think!

You can also find out more about IoT integrations and APIs HERE. 

Adam Peter
Customer Program Manager
Autodesk
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
l.bell5H8JW
in reply to: AdamPeter

Could anyone please explain how to rewrite the endpoint URL on Disruptive in some further detail? I've watched this portion of the video about 50 times in a row and cannot at all understand where the end of the text has been pasted from?

Message 3 of 3
AdamPeter
in reply to: AdamPeter

Hello @l.bell5H8JW!

The link comes for the connection itself. For example, I created a sample connection and then you can click the copy link icon to the right of the connection name. 

Copy link.png

If you paste it into a text editor it would look like this...

https://:b5uqJ4G1QzOzosiLG4wpNQ@tandem.autodesk.com/api/v1/timeseries/models/urn:adsk.dtm:facilityUR...

The last bit (AQAAAGqfCQrCFU91qY70OrVGKT4AAAAA) is unique to the specific connection. In that way you can send a specific call to each connection. 

Near the end of the video I demonstrate how to create a field in the Disruptive Technologies interface that has the unique connection string (tandemId). Then the URL endpoint needs the "webhooks/generic?idpath=labels.tandemId" ammended to the end of the string. The tandemId is the variable that I created in Disruptive.

Hope that helps. 

Adam Peter
Customer Program Manager
Autodesk

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report