Community
Tandem Forum
Welcome to Autodesk's Tandem Forum. Please share your knowledge, ask questions, collaborate on ideas, and explore forum topics
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Modelled In-Place wall sweeps affect the room perimeter

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Chad-Smith
426 Views, 4 Replies

Revit Modelled In-Place wall sweeps affect the room perimeter

My Revit project has Wall Sweeps, and Modelled In-Place elements that are categorised as Wall > Sweeps.

The latter of these is impacting the perimeter shape of the Room element, which I assume is also impacting the room calculations such as the Area.

In the below plan view you can see the blue of the room is not extending to the columns.

ChadSmith_0-1711794754718.png

And here is an isometric of one of those columns where you can see the ghosted outline of the room.

ChadSmith_1-1711794965162.png

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi. The Room area in Tandem is determined by the Room area in Revit. I know that that Wall-Sweeps are not room bounding and probably why you are seeing this behavior.  It might be worth cross-posting to the Revit Forums as well since this is something you may have to resolve in Revit. 

Message 3 of 5
Chad-Smith
in reply to: Chad-Smith

Thank you for the comment on the Room calculation in Revit. I was not aware of this.

I did a quick check in Revit, where I modelled a room, and placed one Wall Sweep and one In-Place element assigned as a Wall Sweep. The In-Place element I have circled with a red line in the below image.

The sections are clearly showing that the Wall Sweep (top-left) does not void the Room Volume, whereas the In-Place element (bottom-left) does. The Room's Volume is being correctly calculated based on the extents of the blue shading.

But, regarding the In-Place element, the Room Volume is extending over the top and the element and connecting to the Wall. You can also see this in the plan view. This is different to the behaviour that I am seeing in Tandem in my original post where the Room is extending vertically from the face of the In-Place element.

It would appear that Tandem is not following what is shown in Revit, or something is being lost in translation when the model is uploaded to Tandem.

ChadSmith_0-1712026244405.png

Message 4 of 5

Hi @Chad-Smith - Have you checked the values for Area, Volume, and Perimeter calculated by Revit and confirmed them in Tandem under Design Properties? That will help validate if indeed there is a discrepancy in Revit and Tandem. 

Message 5 of 5
Chad-Smith
in reply to: Chad-Smith

I haven't done a data comparison between the two products.

Regardless, it was the graphics that I was more interested in correcting as the room shown in Tandem doesn't match what is shown in Revit.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report