Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loft crash

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
jamie.q.white
584 Views, 9 Replies

Loft crash

I've gotten this crash consistently. Editing the loft crashes Fusion 360.  Deleting the loft and creating a new one behaves as expected.

Here's the downloadable file:

http://a360.co/2pek1Y3

hope this is helpful.

jamie

Tags (2)
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Phil.E
in reply to: jamie.q.white

Hi,

Thanks for posting this.

I'm getting mixed results. In production builds I can crash it. Using the same steps in development builds I cannot.

Can you list some exact steps or post a video? I'd like to be very sure if we have fixed this, which seems to be the case.

Thanks,

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 10
jamie.q.white
in reply to: Phil.E

Hi Phil,

I tried inserting a screencast. It Previewed ok yesterday, but now  it does not appear anywhere.  When I log into screencast it says "pending" under "published".

How can I get the screencast to you?  I have never, ever been able to share a screencast easily.  Screencast is great for explaining things, so is really inconvenient that it does not work.

best,

jamie

Message 4 of 10
Phil.E

Give it 15 minutes. Sometimes the screencast servers are a bit slow to process.

I'll check back in an hour or two. Thank you for helping with this.

Regards,

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 10
jamie.q.white

I made the screencast yesterday and attempted to paste it into my post using "Insert Screencast"  Here is the URL:

<iframe width="640" height="650" src="https://screencast.autodesk.com/Embed/Timeline/460c06b7-3a0a-43ab-ac3b-5a531b7238df" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen></iframe>

Message 6 of 10

The "Insert Screencast" function of the forums does not seem to work correctly. I tried on the original post and again on my last 2 posts.  The "preview" works ok but nothing shows up in the posts.

Message 7 of 10
Phil.E

Thanks for getting that video up. I'm trying but so far cannot reproduce the crash in win or mac in our development builds. I can't find anything the change lists that addresses the crash, but perhaps it's not obvious. There will be an update tonight so you could confirm it after you pick up the new version.

Thanks,

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 8 of 10
jamie.q.white

Hmmm…happens every time. I cannot edit loft features.  Here's another screencast with the latest update (26 April 2017).  And the downloadable file.

http://a360.co/2pek1Y3

Tags (3)
Message 9 of 10
Phil.E

The update was not the cure.

• Looking deeper in the call stack of the crash it shows the last event as toolbar related.
  • I noticed in your video that you have a condition that should not be allowed- the toolbar is on top of the view cube.

Can you make it such that the toolbar doesn't sit on top of the view cube and try again?

sitting_on_top_of_the_view_cube.png

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 10 of 10
jamie.q.white

still crashes...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report