Stingray Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Stingray Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Stingray topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unit Editor and Materials Question

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
john.khoury
453 Views, 2 Replies

Unit Editor and Materials Question

Hi all,

I am really new to the Stingray engine. I am attempting to use it for Architectural Visualization. I have created a model of a table in Revit, exported it as an FBX and am attempting to add materials to the different components of the model. For example the table top has a timber finish and the legs are powder coated. Opening the model in the Unit editor show that Stringray reads the different Extrusions that the model was made up of but not the parameters that were set to it in Revit. Is there a way to add different materials to the different extrusions of the FBX file?

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
svaisanen
in reply to: john.khoury

If your model has slot based materials you should be able to see the slots and their material in the editor once you've added an instance of your model in your scene. This will change it per instance. You can also edit the unit's materials in the Unit editor.

stingray-materials.jpg

Edit: Make sure that when you're importing you've also checked the "Materials" flag in the FBX import dialog.

Message 3 of 3
john.khoury
in reply to: svaisanen

That kind or worked for me. The solution was to export the FBX from review with different materials attached to the parameters to give it different slots. Even if it was different parameters when I exported before if the materials name was the same it merged them in the FBX.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report