Stingray Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Stingray Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Stingray topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sequence material change

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Francisco_Penaloza
486 Views, 2 Replies

sequence material change

I am trying to setup with HTC Vive a presentation so the user can just bump an element (trigger) and the material of the object will change.

No real selection is need it just change every time it get bumped.

I have it kind of working but every time I bump the trigger it look that the material change twice.

I did try before with a keyboard input and I noticed that in did changes twice or goes through the whole list I have.

Please take a look at my flow attached.

Pretty sure I am missing something.

Thank you.

fco.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

You are probably getting multiple triggers because the controller in the Steam VR template has more than one physics actor. One is for the shape of the controller itself, to be able to physically touch and move dynamic actors, and another is to trigger objects to be highlighted and when the controller is near them. To be sure you might want to do some debug printing when you trigger, and make the collision meshes in the controller and the pickup functionality visible.

You can change the Shape Template of your trigger to be sure to only trigger when the controller's physics actor overlaps the trigger volume.

In the root of your project is a global.physics_properties text file. Study the collision_filters section to determine which shapes will collide with what you want. You may need to define a custom physics shape to collide only with the controller.

Message 3 of 3

Thank you for the answer. But to be honest I think I only understood the part that you said "You are probably getting multiple triggers..." LOL the rest just flew over my head 🙂 🙂 🙂

Sorry mate I'll try to figure out what you meant and see how it goes.

I am not a programmer guy so the logic behind this type of software for me is just black witchery 😉

Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report