Stingray Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Stingray Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Stingray topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit to Stingray

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
dmccalla
2819 Views, 8 Replies

Revit to Stingray

Has anyone had much success in getting a Revit model to Stingray?  I have not had much success so far.  I have been opening my Revit model in 3DS, and exporting as an FBX file.  I have tried exporting just parts of the model, afraid that the size of the file was the problem, but I haven't had much luck with that either.  Sometimes when I import the model, pieces of walls and floors are just missing.  Sometimes entire walls don't come though.  Materials also never work, but I think that might be another topic all together.  

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
frank.delise
in reply to: dmccalla

http://projectexpo.autodesk.com/#tell-me-more

You should sign up for this, its a set of tools to convert Revit models to Stingray.

Message 3 of 9
dan.matlack

As Frank mentioned, expo is a great way to go! Please sign up. Also, if you are having specific problems with the workflow, I'd be happy to have a look at your fbx or Max set up before export and see what we can do to help. Thanks!

Message 4 of 9
dmccalla
in reply to: dan.matlack

I have signed up for Expo and have been using it.  I am really liking it.  I basically am looking into Stingray as a way to have more control over the interactive model.  

Message 5 of 9
frank.delise

The expo project and stingray project files are the same. You should be able to load the expo project in stingray and add more controls. 

Message 6 of 9
dmccalla
in reply to: frank.delise

Oh really?!  How do I do that?  I don't seem to see any way to import or open that file type from within Stingray.

Message 7 of 9
dan.matlack

Hi dmccalla,

For expo specific questions, I'd like to redirect you to the beta forums for expo! As it is still in beta, we handle technical support for it over there.

https://beta.autodesk.com/project/forum/default.html?cap=CD7F4739DDD44AB9BB743CAA4CA18FAC

For any Stingray specific questions, this is definitely the right forums and I will be happy to help you get set up with what you need.
Message 8 of 9
nicolas.fonta

Hi.

Project Expo is indeed interesting if you are trying to get Revit data into Stingray. It is still early with this tech preview, but we are moving fast. Note though that the Project Expo tech preview is still under NDA and therefore, I will ask you to continue this discussion on the Project Expo forums.

You can request to participate by visiting http://projectexpo.autodesk.com/ as Frank mentioned.

Thanks!

Nick

Nicolas Fonta

Director Product Management
Message 9 of 9
dmccalla
in reply to: nicolas.fonta

Gotcha. I have switched my Expo specific questions over to the appropriate forum. Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report