Stingray Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Stingray Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Stingray topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Physics actors not working in the Oculus VR template

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
afbarretog
271 Views, 1 Reply

Physics actors not working in the Oculus VR template

I´m having a little problem, i was triying to use an Xbox Controller to move my character while using the Oculus Headset, did everything just like in Paul´s tutorial : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pjDbmVH0uE. The controller works as intended, but as soon as i test the level, all of my units won´t have physics actors, i can go through all of them like i´m a ghost, and this only happens when i test the level with the X Box controller, with the touch controllers it works just fine; Is there anything i need to do to have my units with physics actors while using the X Box controller? (Also, I do not know much about scripting and game design since I´m an architect).

If someone can help me out with this one, thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
paul.kind
in reply to: afbarretog

The problem here is that with my exercise I am not considering the physics.  You will need to test for collisions (which we do not do).  Instead we force the headset through the walls because we are simply adding position with every frame.  I am planning to create an addendum to that tutorial showing how to account for physics, but am in the process of working on a different tutorial.  I have scheduled that tutorial already, but it wont be for at least a week or two.  That said, you are welcome to work with this new knowledge and see if you can figure it out.

Paul

Areas of Expertise - MayaLT : Mudbox : 3DS Max : Inventor : Game Dev
Follow me on Twitter : @paulkind3d

Please remember to give kudos freely and mark acceptable answers as solved!

PLEASE do not send me private messages unless asked to do so. If you have a question, start a thread, and ask me on the public forums where answering your question may help others.

Did you know there was a YouTube learning channel for Autodesk Games? New videos are posted regularly with all sorts of content relative to Stingray, Maya/MayaLT, 3DS Max, and other game related tools. Get your game on @ https://www.youtube.com/user/autodeskgameshowtos

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report