Stingray Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Stingray Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Stingray topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move vr camera by keypress

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Evan.Buxton
525 Views, 2 Replies

Move vr camera by keypress

Hello,

I used the basic setup (non-vr) and added some cameras and some flow to switch between them using the keyboard. Worked great. I now want to do the same thing in the htc vive setup.

Normal teleportation should still work but if I tap a key on the keyboard move me to a new position and forward direction. I am unable to find the vr camera to try to do anything to it.

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
svaisanen
in reply to: Evan.Buxton

Look for the Steam VR/Steam VR Set Tracking Space Flow node. 

You can find an example of this being used in the VIVE template, open the wand_extras_1 unit in the unit editor and go into the Unit Flow.

Message 3 of 3
paul.kind
in reply to: Evan.Buxton

You can check out this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVB7JFH_dMo

In it I show you how to move it with the xbox controller but you can easily substitute a key held action for the same results.

Paul

Areas of Expertise - MayaLT : Mudbox : 3DS Max : Inventor : Game Dev
Follow me on Twitter : @paulkind3d

Please remember to give kudos freely and mark acceptable answers as solved!

PLEASE do not send me private messages unless asked to do so. If you have a question, start a thread, and ask me on the public forums where answering your question may help others.

Did you know there was a YouTube learning channel for Autodesk Games? New videos are posted regularly with all sorts of content relative to Stingray, Maya/MayaLT, 3DS Max, and other game related tools. Get your game on @ https://www.youtube.com/user/autodeskgameshowtos

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report