Stingray Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Stingray Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Stingray topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lua error

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
jordi_bergboer
900 Views, 10 Replies

Lua error

Hi,

I've got this Lua error in my scene:

Editor Engine / Lua: core/editor_slave/stingray_editor/group.lua:28: assertion failed!

Lua Callstack
----------------------------------------

[1] [C]: in function assert
[2] core/editor_slave/stingray_editor/group.lua:28: in function init
[3] core/editor_slave/common/class.lua:9: in function Group
[4] core/editor_slave/stingray_editor/level_editing.lua:578: in function spawn_group
[5] [string "local _temp_size = stingray.Script.temp_byte_count(); LevelEditing:spawn_group('cc53a8cd-b520-48f4-a9df-af7760c7c..."]:1: in main chunk

Lua Locals
----------------------------------------

[2] self = table: 000000007E655520, id = cc53a8cd-b520-48f4-a9df-af7760c7c6e2, child_ids = table: 000000007E6554F8, name = untitled
[3] self = table: 000000007EC9BBA8, object = table: 000000007E655520
[4] self = table: 000000007ECD3B50, id = cc53a8cd-b520-48f4-a9df-af7760c7c6e2, pivot = Vector3(0, 0, 0), children = table: 000000007E6554F8, name = untitled, temp_size = 16
[5] _temp_size = 0

I dunno what to do with it or solve it. The level runs fine. The only anoying thing is that the sometimes the controllers act a little bit unstable.(whon't change from material).

Can anyone help me solve this problem? Thnx in advance..

Cheers Jordi

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
__ben__
in reply to: jordi_bergboer

Are there specific steps that can be followed to reproduce the issue? Does this occur during level editing or while running the level?

Message 3 of 11
jordi_bergboer
in reply to: __ben__

When I open the level, it pops up. 

screengrab

When I run the level... everything looks alright.

I modified a level, which was created in the default template, to use it with the HTC Vive.

I made a few ( ehhmmmm actually a lot) changes in various Lua scripts. Don't know where I went wrong.

Could also be after the upgrade from 1.6  to 1.7..... i dunno 😞

Jordi

Message 4 of 11
paul.kind

It is going to be hard to deduce the problem from just an error log.  Something you changed is causing an error in core.  Likely you are giving the wrong parameters to a function but im not sure.  you can try using the debugger by putting in breaks where you think the problem might be.  Unfortunately im unable to really tell from the error.

Areas of Expertise - MayaLT : Mudbox : 3DS Max : Inventor : Game Dev
Follow me on Twitter : @paulkind3d

Please remember to give kudos freely and mark acceptable answers as solved!

PLEASE do not send me private messages unless asked to do so. If you have a question, start a thread, and ask me on the public forums where answering your question may help others.

Did you know there was a YouTube learning channel for Autodesk Games? New videos are posted regularly with all sorts of content relative to Stingray, Maya/MayaLT, 3DS Max, and other game related tools. Get your game on @ https://www.youtube.com/user/autodeskgameshowtos
Message 5 of 11
jordi_bergboer
in reply to: paul.kind

Thnx for your reply. I'll  try to retrace my steps. 

Message 6 of 11
_robbs_

So this error is occurring in the editor_slave Lua code, which is run only when the editor loads up your level. So the good news is that it probably will not affect anything in your level when it plays in the engine at runtime.

That said, somehow something in the level data has gotten corrupted. If you could post the level somewhere we could try to reproduce.

Did you edit the .level file manually at any point?

Message 7 of 11
jordi_bergboer
in reply to: _robbs_

I didn't edit the .level manually. I think,(not sure though) it  apearred for the first time  after import an asset from the learning museum. 

I'll upload the level tomorrow morning. Thanks in advance. 

Message 8 of 11
jordi_bergboer

Robb,

Do you want the complete project or only certain files?

Syncing now to 360 ... 3.3Gb 😕

Message 9 of 11

A link to the complete project

Project files

Message 10 of 11
_robbs_

Wow, thanks!

The good news is I was able to reproduce the problem opening the Apartment_01 level, and I can tell you how to get rid of the error.

1. Open the Apartment_01.level file in a text editor.
  2. Go to line 613. You'll see a Groups array that has one child object. That object has an empty Children array, which is not supposed to happen. That's what is causing the error.
  3. Select that object and delete it.
  4. Save the file and reload the level.

In other words, find this data:

Groups = [
		{
			Children = [
			]
			Id = "cc53a8cd-b520-48f4-a9df-af7760c7c6e2"
			Name = "untitled"
			Pivot = {
				X = 0
				Y = 0
				Z = 0
			}
			Pos = {
				X = 1.66701626777649
				Y = 6.69169902801514
				Z = -0.370343685150146
			}
			Rot = {
				W = 1
				X = 0
				Y = 0
				Z = 0
			}
			Scl = {
				X = 1
				Y = 1
				Z = 1
			}
		}
	]

and change it so it looks like this:

Groups = [
	]

It should load without an error.

The bad news is that I don't know yet how your level got into that state... Let us know if the problem comes up again.

Message 11 of 11
jordi_bergboer

Whoooooooohaaaaaa .......THNX!!!.. Worked like a charm. 

Cheerz

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report