Stingray Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Stingray Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Stingray topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Level Viewport Navigation

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
mattcroc
561 Views, 3 Replies

Level Viewport Navigation

Just opened the editor and I've noticed a few things:

First, the pan command is super slow you move very little when using pan I have to move my mouse many times across my mouse pad to move a reasonable amount. I would suggest that a solution to this slow pan is to bind the speed at which you move in "game mode navigation" to the speed at which you pan, or just provide the ability to change the speed of the pan command too.

Second, there is no customization of hotkeys or navigation shortcuts. Would it be possible to add a hotkey configuration menu, or atleast provide additional options, for instance, I really dislike using the middle mouse button click, would it be possible to add the ability to use ctrl-alt-drag for panning (as other programs provide) in addition to the current option (alt-middle mouse button / middle mouse button); or atleast provide a way to pan when using the "game mode navigation" option (for instance in unreal you can use right click and left click together to provide a pan camera).

Thank you for your hard work on the Stingray Engine, hope you guys keep improve it.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mattcroc
in reply to: mattcroc

I also seem to have found a bug with the Unit Editor, when you open the Unit Editor and then attempt to increase the size of the properties panel the editor becomes unresponsive and so far the only way to solve the issue is to use the Task Manager to end the task.

Edit: It seems like it happens only if you drag it "too far" if its small you can move it and it will resize properly but if you drag it a bit too much (making it too large) the editor dies.

Message 3 of 4
frank.delise

I believe the unit editor bug is already fixed in our next update.

As for hotkeys, we agree we will make a hotkey file that can be edited.

Message 4 of 4
SteveDFThorne

The pan is painfully slow? Anyone have any thoughts? 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report