Stingray Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Stingray Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Stingray topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC Vive Player Scale

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
RSK
Enthusiast
504 Views, 2 Replies

HTC Vive Player Scale

Hi,

When I use the HTV Vive template or try the Museum Example the scale in my HMD is wrong. It's like the player is tiny or all the assets are gigantic. 

Is there a setting somewhere for Player size? Is it at units problem? I work in metric.

Best regards,

Rolf

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
paul.kind
in reply to: RSK

I cant be sure exactly what is going on for you.  If you are working with the HTC Vive and are running the Museum template, then you should most certainly have normal scale as that project should play fine.  My only suggestion without more information would be to go through the Vive setup again.  Maybe something got goofed when you did the setup.

A few questions...

When you play any of the games available on Steam, do you get scale issues there?

Did you got through the room setup and follow all the steps?

Are there any projects where the scale is correct?

We will get to the bottom of this, but first i think we need to look at the setup and make sure its all hokey dory.  So, go through setup again and see if that corrects the problem.  If not, lemme know and we can see what else we can try.

Paul

Areas of Expertise - MayaLT : Mudbox : 3DS Max : Inventor : Game Dev
Follow me on Twitter : @paulkind3d

Please remember to give kudos freely and mark acceptable answers as solved!

PLEASE do not send me private messages unless asked to do so. If you have a question, start a thread, and ask me on the public forums where answering your question may help others.

Did you know there was a YouTube learning channel for Autodesk Games? New videos are posted regularly with all sorts of content relative to Stingray, Maya/MayaLT, 3DS Max, and other game related tools. Get your game on @ https://www.youtube.com/user/autodeskgameshowtos
Message 3 of 3
RSK
Enthusiast
in reply to: paul.kind

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your response

It works again after I callibrated twice. The strange thing is that after I callibrated the first time I got the opposite effect, that suddenly all the objects we're tiny and the player gigantic. I callibrated again and then all was back to normal. 

Best regards,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report