Stingray Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Stingray Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Stingray topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I create Particle Effects in Stingray?

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
olegwald
1033 Views, 8 Replies

How can I create Particle Effects in Stingray?

How can I create particle effects in Stingray?
Unreal engine has for particle effects special editor "Cascade". There you can create different particle effects (dust, spark, fire, smoke ... etc).
How can I create such effects in Stingray? Has Stingray so a similar editor for Particle Effects, or are there other ways to achieve this?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
andrew.grant
in reply to: olegwald

Right click in the asset browser and choose Create -> Particle

createparticle.png

Also see the documentation:

http://help.autodesk.com/view/Stingray/ENU/?guid=__stingray_help_creating_effects_html

And tutorial (you can find more through the Games Launcher):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=My2zA9oaZFo

Message 3 of 9
olegwald
in reply to: andrew.grant

Thank you for information.
Where can I download ready-made examples Particle Effects?
In Video pretty cool explosion was used.
Best regards
Oleg

Message 4 of 9
dan.matlack

Hi olegwald,

We are currently working on a video to demonstrate some particle functionality and also some downloadable samples. Bear with us while we continue to create and update tutorials, there is a lot to cover! In the mean time, is there a particular type of fx you are looking for? Maybe I can make one and send it your way ...
Message 5 of 9
olegwald
in reply to: dan.matlack

Hi Dan. Thanks for the answer. Everything is OK. I'm just learning Stingray and Maya LT. I'm excited about new tutorials.

Message 6 of 9
dan.matlack

intro to basic particle tutorial

Message 7 of 9
saju_autodesk
in reply to: dan.matlack

How do I create a particle system that can affect my unit...! For instance wind blowing on the plants....! Should I make a seperate animation of the leaves using noiser in 3ds max and trigger it with the system or do I have a easier way of doing it....?

Message 8 of 9

Some choreographed / dancing water jets would make a lovely example......it would show of the link to Flow nicely. 

Message 9 of 9
Shanii2
in reply to: saju_autodesk

Particle effects don't explicitly affect any unit, they are also coupled with invisible mesh, invisible physics body, vector fields and soon. Like the thing you want to do blowing the vector field wind through entire level influencing the dust and smoke vfx, adds an extra touch for vegetation you need proper vegetation animation setup. There is a wind node in which you can pipe in the direction of wind blowing in vector fields. the following is a way to set up such vegetation.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report