Stingray Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Stingray Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Stingray topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daydream template questions

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
JacksonBrent
426 Views, 2 Replies

Daydream template questions

Hello all,

I was finally able to get the Android Daydream template to deploy correctly on version 1.7. (Pro-tip, you have to copy zipalign.exe into your android bin folder)

A few of questions:

I deployed the basic template and installed it onto a Pixel XL.  There is a significant amount of lag when I run the app.  Any pointers on how to make it run more smoothly?

Next, I really want to get the controller working.  Are you planning on releasing anything like you have made for the SteamVR controller flow nodes but for Daydream?  If not, any pointers on how to implement day dream controller controls into the environment?

Thirdly, is there any best practice for creating something that works in SteamVR and can also be deployed to DayDream?  I'm working on a design review template and would like to be able have one environment that I can deploy from for both.

Thanks guys!

Brent

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
__ben__
in reply to: JacksonBrent

At the moment Stingray suffers from performance issues on all Android devices, including the Pixel. This is a known issue and we are working to address it, however it is unlikely we will have a solution until a revision after Stingray 1.9.

Message 3 of 3
JacksonBrent
in reply to: __ben__

Got it.  Thank you for clarifying!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report