Stingray Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Stingray Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Stingray topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternative VR Material Swatch

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
john.khoury
446 Views, 1 Reply

Alternative VR Material Swatch

Hi All,

I am working on a project that requires me to have multiple colour and spawn swatches in VR. I am currently using the base material swatch as a platform to work on the FLOW nodes. I have everything working well but I was wanting to create a new Swatch that is similar to how it works in Tilt Brush, where to switch between swatches you swipe side to side.

I haven't used Scaleform before but would that be the best way to tackle this problem?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
paul.kind
in reply to: john.khoury

you could either spawn in new swatches to the location (probably how I would do it) or you could replace the materials on the swatches.  Either way will work fine but you should not need scaleform for this at all.  Instead its all just simply a matter of positioning.

If you want a good tutorial on how to replace materials, @dan.matlack has an easy to follow tutorial on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHn-ZZlUqKg

Then hard part (and where you will likely spend most of your time) is on the logic, doing the menu replacement/material swapping is actually the easy part.

Paul

Areas of Expertise - MayaLT : Mudbox : 3DS Max : Inventor : Game Dev
Follow me on Twitter : @paulkind3d

Please remember to give kudos freely and mark acceptable answers as solved!

PLEASE do not send me private messages unless asked to do so. If you have a question, start a thread, and ask me on the public forums where answering your question may help others.

Did you know there was a YouTube learning channel for Autodesk Games? New videos are posted regularly with all sorts of content relative to Stingray, Maya/MayaLT, 3DS Max, and other game related tools. Get your game on @ https://www.youtube.com/user/autodeskgameshowtos

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report