Stingray Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Stingray Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Stingray topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AI (enemies in game)

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
thearshadnadeem
1192 Views, 8 Replies

AI (enemies in game)

hello

i have made a full level in autodesk stingray. i am now searching for any tutorials from which i can put enimies who try to kill my player i have two question 

1. how to put enemies in my game  i need the tutorial.

2. how can i hand a gun to my character who shoot enmies .

thanks 🙂

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
paul.kind
in reply to: thearshadnadeem

Well, there wont be some sort of magic operation to a"add enemies with ai".  You will likely have to program them with lua or use flow.  Also "adding enemies" is rather vague.  Are the enemies asteroids, human like, tanks, cars, planes etc.  An "enemy" in game terms is extremely vague though even with a more exact definition it may be somehting difficult to answer for you.

Areas of Expertise - MayaLT : Mudbox : 3DS Max : Inventor : Game Dev
Follow me on Twitter : @paulkind3d

Please remember to give kudos freely and mark acceptable answers as solved!

PLEASE do not send me private messages unless asked to do so. If you have a question, start a thread, and ask me on the public forums where answering your question may help others.

Did you know there was a YouTube learning channel for Autodesk Games? New videos are posted regularly with all sorts of content relative to Stingray, Maya/MayaLT, 3DS Max, and other game related tools. Get your game on @ https://www.youtube.com/user/autodeskgameshowtos
Message 3 of 9

Hello thearshadnadeem,

For AI solutions and NPCs, we have the Navigation plugin that comes with Stingray. With this you can build nav meshes, have bots with lots of settings and controls to navigate around your level and/or attack/follow/avoid your player. We have documentation located here with many links to more information on how to use Navigation in Stingray:

http://help.autodesk.com/view/Stingray/ENU/?guid=__stingray_help_creating_gameplay_ai_and_pathfindin...

As far as a weapon for your player, please open and check out the Character template that ships with Stingray. This template is set up using lua script and you can find the weapon attachment script in the player.lua file. This weapon will fire a basic physics-based projectile from the attached weapon mesh. You can use this code as an example to customize your own weapon. If you are doing a non-physics-based projectile (instahit) ... you will have to write your own ray cast from the weapon and return what you have hit, play effects and cause damage appropriately. We have not included a damage system, though you can return the physical material you have hit and build your own player health system based on that and damage your weapon causes.

Let us know how it turns out!

Message 4 of 9

thanks that was nice information can u pls simply tell me should i learn gameware navigation software or this gameware nagation software is already built in stingray ??

so should i learn aonther autodesk software callled GAMEWARE NAVIGAtION or should i stick to stingray for the use of this software ?

Message 5 of 9

It comes included with Stingray.
Message 6 of 9

AWWWWSSSMMMEEEE 🙂

Message 7 of 9
thomalex89
in reply to: dan.matlack

Does Navigaton have all of the features of Synapse?  I have seen some things on Snynapse and that product seems to be very good.

Message 8 of 9
dan.matlack
in reply to: thomalex89

Are you referring to Kynapse? If so, Gameware Navigation is the successor to Autodesk Kynapse.
Message 9 of 9
thomalex89
in reply to: dan.matlack

Oh, wow!  Yes, that is what I was referring to. Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report