Softimage Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Softimage Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Softimage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Softimage 2015 - error 1603 on Windows 10

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
MarcoP84
3882 Views, 7 Replies

Softimage 2015 - error 1603 on Windows 10

Hello, I'm running the latest release of Windows 10 pro x64, with everything updated.

I wanted to reinstall Softimage 2015 on my PC after some years of not using it but I found a really bad surprise: while I have a regular license and the installer correctly downloads on my computer, the installation process rolls back and aborts towards the end, with no apparent reason other than that 1603 error found in the log file.

I have other Autodesk programs on my PC correctly installed.

Can you help me?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
lynn_zhang
in reply to: MarcoP84

Hi @MarcoP84

Please disable your firewall and anti-virus programs, and re-download the software from our Virtual Agent (click on Download Links, choose product and version). Then try the installation again.

Lynn Zhang
Community Manager

Message 3 of 8
MarcoP84
in reply to: lynn_zhang

Hy Lynn, thanks for the reply but still no result:

Immagine.jpg

I attach the log file.

Message 4 of 8
brissef2

Hi MarcoP84,

This link may help you for your generic error 1603.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcartic...

Best regards,

Francis

Message 5 of 8
MarcoP84
in reply to: brissef2

Thank you Francis, yes I already knew that page and I've tried to look after some of the possible causes but the error it's too much generic to identify a reasonable solution.

I also checked another old webpage from Autodesk where they suggest to uninstall the MS Visual C++ redist. since Windows doesn't allow the installation of older versions of what's already in the PC, and that could be a possibile cause of the aborted installation since Softimage 2015 could need some specific versions of that software. But still that's too risky to do, that vcredist is there for a reason and could be necessary to some other programs or games I have on my desktop.

Message 6 of 8
brissef2

Hi MarcoP84,

I am mostly sure it won't really help you much, but Softimage 2015 is well supported on Windows 10, so it is probably an issue on your machine.

Could you try installing it on another machine to see if you have the same issue?

Best regards,

Francis

Message 7 of 8
MarcoP84
in reply to: brissef2

OK I found the solution.

I had to uninstall the MS Visual C++ redist. 2012, both x86 and x64 versions, that were prevously installed on my machine.

That apparently was the cause of the problem, since the setup process kept rolling back the Softimage installation without those two installed before it.

Mysteries of Windows...

Now there's another problem: the software doesn't support text scaling, so with my 21:9 high res monitor the fonts and the icons are too small to read!

Message 8 of 8
brissef2

Hi @MarcoP84,

I guess Softimage doesn't support such high DPI resolutions.

I am unsure if Softimage supports a text size higher of 100% (on Windows > Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Display).

If not, I unfortunately don't see any other solution than using a lower resolution.

Best regards,

Francis

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report