Softimage Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Softimage Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Softimage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Softimage 2011- can't seem to get my copy up and running.

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
GKLINDT
1028 Views, 3 Replies

Softimage 2011- can't seem to get my copy up and running.

So i'm sitting here with my installation disk, serial etc. and when I try to run SI 2011, it gives me the Autodesk Licensing Product Activation screen.

1) I click activate.

2) It connects to the server (I assume)

3) I get a page that says Product Registration & Activation

Register Once - Welcome!

Thank you for purchasing an Autodesk product.

The next pages will guide you through registration and activation of your product.

If you need help with a field, click the help icon 

Enter Product Serial Number.Help

Activation request does not match license type
Your activation request does not match the license type (stand-alone or network).

Check whether you have purchased a network or standalone license and install accordingly.
See: Switching the license type between standalone and network

Still having trouble? Contact Customer Support. Be sure to provide your serial number, request code, and contact information.

(Error 123)

4) OK, so I try to switch my license type- I follow instructions I've found online, and try to setenv.bat etc. to use network.

5) But now I can't seem to activate and get my license file anymore since my machine has changed a while back. How do I get a new .lic file that reflects my system? I try using the register once site, and it acts like it works, but I don't see anything in my profile etc.

Any suggestions? I'm trying to open some older files I need for a project that needs to be updated for a client, and I'll be SOL if I can't get to them!

Thank you in advance for your help.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
GKLINDT
in reply to: GKLINDT

Maybe I have standalone? I don't know...to be honest I am (obviously) a bit confused as to why this is acting so odd/difficult.

I can't seem to find my latest lic- the only one I can find in an email is for a earlier version, but I have a permanent license that was for two years past 7.5 release so I don't know what's up.

Message 3 of 4
jasmin.gonzalez
in reply to: GKLINDT

Hi @GKLINDT

For licensing assistance, please contact the Activation and Registration team through our Contact Us page. You will be able to contact the License Assistance Team either via Chat or e-mail. 

Jasmin Gonzalez

Message 4 of 4
GKLINDT
in reply to: jasmin.gonzalez

Thanks, AD support team was able to get me up and running.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report