Softimage Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Softimage Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Softimage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4
PixelbyPixel
150 Views, 3 Replies

Issues

Would love some feedback from any other Soft users... ever since updating to 2013 softimage will no longer open my scenes (or any for that matter FBX etc) I get this error attached.

Any help would be fantastic, I have been lurking around the internets looking for the answer with no luck.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Vokteu
in reply to: PixelbyPixel

Hi,

Backwards compatibility shouldn't be a problem for soft even with the missing plugins but just to make sure, backup the preferences of both older softimage and 2013 and than delete them so you have clean installations. Than try and load a simple scene (populated with a simple box for example) created with an older version into a newer one.

Have you tried re-installation? Or a famous runonce.bat fix? If everything fails, contact the support because this should definitely not be happening.
Message 3 of 4

I have same problem with SI13, I can not open my scenes also examples scenes (with Crowd) can not be opened. Really bad realese, so I stay on SI12.SAP
Message 4 of 4

I`ve got it !! Problem was in my custom Startup event in my workgroup. In old version was everything ok, but in SI13 it crash. Developers had to change something. I had in my startup scene only open my custom scene, nothing extra.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report