Softimage Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Softimage Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Softimage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I buy a license for Softimage?

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
4420 Views, 6 Replies

How can I buy a license for Softimage?

I've been using the educational version for years and love the software, I'm starting to look into buying a license so I can use softimage for commerical work, but I no longer see an option to buy it from Autodesk. What are my options?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
simona.golisciano
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello ZacD,

Welcome to the Community.

Softimage was discontinued last year and is no longer available for purchase. You'll find more details in the Softimage final release announcement.

Autodesk Maya and Autodesk 3ds Max might be a valid alternative for you. These products are available on our Online Store or can be purchased through an authorized reseller. through To learn more about these products and their features, please contact an Autodesk reseller. To locate a reseller, please visit this page.

Regards,

Simona Golisciano
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

I don't find that an acceptable answer, I can't ever get to use my favorite software for commercial work? I've invested 6 years of my life and learning and using the software, and you'll think I'll just switch to a different Autodesk application after that? I'll be looking at Modo or Blender if there's no way to purchase it.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Quoted from another forum:

jill.ramsay wrote:

If you wish to purchase new or additional seats of Softimage 2015 you can do so by purchasing either the Maya with Softimage or 3ds Max with Softimage transition offerings. These offerings are available via your local reseller and cannot be purchased through the Autodesk e-store. Each transition offering, Maya with Softimage or 3ds Max with Softimage, can be purchased for the same price as a standalone license of Maya or 3ds Max.

You'd have to contact a reseller for more details...
I don’t know which does online sales yet, but there are a few that still sell softimage.

So, you get Softimage at normal price with Maya added to it! There also in a 3Dmax bundle. you have to purchase before February 2016 though - as they will change all their perpetual licensing and product sales for rental only.

As far as I know, this deal is a perpetual license.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

I guess it's better than nothing, I'll have to figure out if I want to go with Modo or Softimage still, kinda silly the only option is full price and you have to buy Max or Maya.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

You can also get the Creatie Suite Ultimate - the big expensive one with everything - it comes with Softimage also. Max, Maya, Motion Builder and Mudbox as extras. Smiley Tongue

I think Softimage is pretty long term - with Redshift, ICE, Gator and all. Modo is still quite new - but growing fast. Fabric Canvas might be the glue that binds that workflow.

Message 7 of 7
thepurringkitty22

Can you provide a link to a reseller of Softimage? I am in a very similar situation as the gentleman before. I have spent the last 4 years using the student version of Softimage and would like to purchase the full version. It would be a shame to find I have wasted 4 years of practicing so I could one day make a living out of it, only to have it discontinued.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report