Community
Smoke Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Smoke Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Smoke topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errors Occurred during installation...Smoke 2017

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
allenpe
794 Views, 10 Replies

Errors Occurred during installation...Smoke 2017

Hi everyone!!

I download the trial version via autodesk web and I try to install Smoke 2017 in my mac and my laptop but always the installation failed. The hardware settings are good and i work with Macs OS X Sierra. I found a differents solutions in this community but non works. I 

donwload a screenshots of the failed installation.

Thank you.

Captura de pantalla 2017-03-14 a les 20.43.58.pngCaptura de pantalla 2017-03-14 a les 20.43.45.png

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
yann.laforest
in reply to: allenpe

Hi,

Although the installation fails, are you able to launch the application?

Please let us know,

Regards,

Yann

Yann Laforest

Program Manager Data Analytics - Autodesk EMS
10 rue Duke Street
Montréal (Québec) Canada H3C 2L7
Message 3 of 11
allenpe
in reply to: yann.laforest

Hi,

Yes, I can open the application but I do not know if it works correctly...for example i try import xml...and all media always is offline...i try to connect the media again but never works. I think it may be a symptom that it is not working properly.

Regards.

Message 4 of 11
yann.laforest

Thanks for getting back to me.

We confirm that the installation failed message you got is harmless and is going to be addressed in an upcoming trial version.  The application has been successfully installed on your workstation.

That being said, the issues you report are not related to an incorrect software installation.

What is the type of media used for your conform?

Regards,

Yann

Yann Laforest

Program Manager Data Analytics - Autodesk EMS
10 rue Duke Street
Montréal (Québec) Canada H3C 2L7
Message 5 of 11
allenpe

Thank you for answering so quickly.

Perfect. Then...the installation is correct!!!

The media are MP4, M4V, MOV, JPEG, MP3. Is a difficult XML...I know...but Smoke read this codecs. The XML have 1 layer of video and 1 layer of music but have more differents formats.

I am following the tutorials for a correct import of the xml but  I'm probably doing something wrong.

Thank you.

Message 6 of 11
Grant.Kay

Hi allenpe,

The possible reason why your media does not match up to your XML could be related to the Match Criteria.

Scroll through the events list and locate the Filename column.   Ensure that the filenames are correct.

Open your Match Criteria and set the options to only look at the filename. Close the window.

Click the Search Location and navigate to where your media is located and click SET.

If a match is found, you will see a tick in the list.  Remember to click LINK SOURCES and the media will be linked to the sequences.

The would be a general way of approaching this as I cannot see your XML or your media.

Hope this helps!

Regards

Grant

Grant Kay
Principal Learning Content Developer

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Official Autodesk Flame Learning Channel
http://www.youtube.com/flamehowtos

The Official Autodesk Smoke Learning Channel
http://www.youtube.com/smokehowtos

Also available as podcasts on iTunes

Follow me on twitter @discreetuk for the latest training updates.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 7 of 11
allenpe
in reply to: Grant.Kay

Hi,

Thanks for your advice but I still have problems with the media when apply your solutions especially with JPEG. In Smoke I think it is not very intuitive to relink the media same as with premiere. I use the match criteria and the search location for relink the media but it not always work. Can you only relink a file same as Premiere???

Sorry for my inexperience!!!

Best regards.

Message 8 of 11
Grant.Kay

Hi allenpe,

The current version of Smoke only supports AAF and XMLs from Avid Media Composer and Final Cut Pro.

That being said, it is still possible to import AAFs/XMLs from Premiere but we cannot guarantee they will work correctly.

In the case of JPG files, are you using it as an image sequence or just as single stills in your timeline?

Regards

Grant

Grant Kay
Principal Learning Content Developer

The Official Autodesk Flame Learning Channel
http://www.youtube.com/flamehowtos

The Official Autodesk Smoke Learning Channel
http://www.youtube.com/smokehowtos

Also available as podcasts on iTunes

Follow me on twitter @discreetuk for the latest training updates.
Message 9 of 11
allenpe
in reply to: Grant.Kay

Hi,

My xml is a xml from premiere with final cut presets but maybe this is the problem.

The jpeg are a still frame but Smoke sometimes recognized jpeg like a sequence.

Im trying this workflow because all edits in my job are in Premiere and i will need to send to Smoke via xml.

Best regards.

Message 10 of 11
yaska75

Hi, 

I have a similar problem. Installed Smoke on a Mac Pro running 10.10.5. The installation failed on exit. The software quits abruptly when trying to start up.

Message 11 of 11
Sasha6180339

first install the game, then install the patch, update if available, run the game

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report