cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eyelashes

Eyelashes

This has probably been thought of, but I just "discovered" it and thought I'd share.

I enjoy drawing a lot of eye(s) - both animal and human.  Lashes are time consuming.  With the new Feather style I set up new layer, draw feather line along eye lid (sometimes 2-3 times depending on depth wanted) then I erase the opposite edge.  Perfect lashes in seconds.  Can use colors for "mascara".  

1 Comment
leahkat725
Community Visitor

I’ve come up with/found 4 methods that work for eyelashes.  

1) CARTOON STYLE: draw a thick line with the technical pen, then erase part of it to create a lash like shape. I suggest making it too big, then copying and pasting it to create the lashes, then making the whole thing smaller and moving it on to the eye you drew. This method is time consuming, but it works.

2) Also CARTOON STYLE: you can use the technical to draw lash shapes on the eye and fill them in.

3) FALSE LASHES: you can use the feathery brush that’s under the “shape” brush set for lashes by drawing on the lash line and erasing the other side. Personally, I feel this method could be used for false lashes or drag queen makeup, but you do you. This method is the easiest and fastest to use that I know of.

-To add to this, I suggest duplicating the layer and then merging the  layers so the lashes become more opaque. Do this until you like how they look. 

4) REALISTIC LASHES: You can use the synthetic web brush that’s under the synthetic paint brush set to create realistic lashes. I also suggest to duplicate the layer, then merge the layers for the lashes to be more opaque. Do this until you like how it looks. 

I came up with the first, second, and third methods listed above. The third method was created by @icpinklady 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report