SketchBook Forum
Hello Sketchbook Community Members! Sketchbook started a new exciting endeavor. This forum is now read-only mode. Please visit the new Sketchbook Help Center, https://help.sketchbook.com/ in the future. Happy sketching!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

updates and connection

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
309 Views, 2 Replies

updates and connection

This is now my 3rd time writing this post. This website is so catastrophically optimized that the first time I wrote my post, the website was so slow and buggy it sent my post before I could even finish a sentence because it thought I had clicked on sent, when I hadn't. the second time it simply disconnected me when I hit send and it didn't save anything. So excuse any syntax or grammar error, I already spent too much time on issues that should not exist.

Yesterday Sketchbook was constantly crashing and I had no idea why. I checked to see if there was an update I needed to make and saw one, so I installed it. It told me I couldn't install it because there was already Sketchbook installed. so I uninstalled Sketchbook, downloaded the last version from the Autodesk website and installed it. I once more checked for an update and it was still telling me to update, it was extremely unnerving. One solution proposed by the sketchbook help page or whatever its called was to uninstall sketchbook, delete the autodesk folder and reinstall sketchbook. I was a bit scared to loose my "sketchbook extras" brushes that I had customized, but I just had to download them if they were gone, nothing complicated. So I uninstalled Sketchbook, delete the autodesk folder and reinstalled sketchbook. And of course now the problem is worse now, I cannot check for updates or open the "sketchbook extras" window, all I get is an error message "something is wrong with the internet connection; please check your internet connection and try again". My connection is perfectly fine and cannot find a solution. I've unplugged/re-plugged my Ethernet cable, rebooted my PC, etc, and nothing is working. Nothing I found on this forum is helping me at all and I really need to download those brushes because without them I cannot work.

Labels (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
david.lau
in reply to: Anonymous

Some of the web services that we host are undergoing maintenance.  We don't have an ETA when it will be back up.   This means any extra connection may be down for now.

For the SketchBook Extras, I have posted all the brushes here:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/sketchbook-forum/tip-sketchbook-blog-site-amp-archive-of-extra-brushe...

You can look at the blog posts (also has a download link) here:

https://blogs.autodesk.com/sketchbookpro/?s=free+brushes

David Lau
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: david.lau

Thank you a lot for your help

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report