SketchBook Forum
Hello Sketchbook Community Members! Sketchbook started a new exciting endeavor. This forum is now read-only mode. Please visit the new Sketchbook Help Center, https://help.sketchbook.com/ in the future. Happy sketching!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sketchbook Merged all my layers and I can't undo it

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
3838 Views, 6 Replies

Sketchbook Merged all my layers and I can't undo it

I was just working on an artwork when my laptop crashed. I opened it and when I went back to the drawing, all my layers were merged. Can I undo this, or am I just done?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
david.lau
in reply to: Anonymous

It can't be undone once the file has been 'saved'.  I think you are using the Windows 10 (tablet) version.

Can you try to use the desktop version of SketchBook?  It can be downloaded here:

www.sketchbook.com/thankyou

David Lau
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: david.lau

I'm using the desktop version of Sketchbook pro and it's done this to my twice now.  The program crashed and merged everything and it HAS to be in layers.

The program keeps dragging and I've tried to follow all the troubleshooting procedures I've read about. 
I've tried contacting Autodesk through various platforms but I've had no responses.

Please I need assistance.  I can't keep using Sketchbook if it keeps ruining my projects.

@david.lau wrote:

It can't be undone once the file has been 'saved'.  I think you are using the Windows 10 (tablet) version.

Can you try to use the desktop version of SketchBook?  It can be downloaded here:

www.sketchbook.com/thankyou

Message 4 of 7
david.lau

I am really sorry that you may have lost your layers.....

Just an FYI, if you are using SketchBook (Desktop version), I would use the "Save As" option.  Try to remember the shortcut instead of the traditional "Save" option  i.e. Win CLT)+ s/Mac CMD + s.    The Save As option will add a "number" to the end of the file so you can save your progress.  i.e. File > Save As > Dragon.tif, Save As > Dragon1.tif > Save As > Dragon2.tif. etc.

David Lau
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

I did save. I save as I go.
Message 6 of 7
david.lau

You need to use the 'Save As" option.  Also, if you are saving as .jpg or .png,  it will flatten the layers when you re-open the file.  The 2 formats that maintain the layers are:  .tif (Default) and .psd (for moving file to Photoshop with layers).

David Lau
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

I’ve been using save as. And I save as tif

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report