SketchBook Forum
Hello Sketchbook Community Members! Sketchbook started a new exciting endeavor. This forum is now read-only mode. Please visit the new Sketchbook Help Center, https://help.sketchbook.com/ in the future. Happy sketching!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sketchbook can't access the internet for login, even though my internet's fine

33 REPLIES 33
SOLVED
Message 1 of 34
Timathian
10115 Views, 33 Replies

Sketchbook can't access the internet for login, even though my internet's fine

I'm trying to log in to sketchbook so I can upgrade to pro, but for some reason sketchbook is telling me I can't access the internet, even though my internet access is working fine.

Screen Shot 2018-04-03 at 7.34.15 PM.png

I've downloaded and deleted this program multiple times and still run into the same problem. What might be wrong?

33 REPLIES 33
Message 2 of 34
david.lau
in reply to: Timathian

Are you on a Mac or Windows computer?

David Lau
Message 3 of 34
Timathian
in reply to: david.lau

I'm on a mac.

Message 4 of 34
bkennedy1103

Did we figure out how to fix this problem

Message 5 of 34
Timathian
in reply to: bkennedy1103

Nope.

Message 6 of 34
andrew.froedge

A number of friends are having this issue as well. After looking at their PC's (Windows 7 and 10) I can see it's not on the user's end. They really need to go back to a stand alone version.
Message 7 of 34
david.lau

1. Find a 'spare' computer and install SketchBook from here: www.sketchbook.com/thankyou

2. Try to Login on the 'spare'computer, if the login works - GREAT.

3. After logging in, make sure that you are in Pro mode or in 90 day trial.

4. Start > Regedit.exe

5. Navigate to: Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\SketchBook

6. Export the key.

7. Copy key or zip it (Send to Compressed Folder) to USB drive.

8. Run .reg file on ýour çomputer that can't login.

David Lau
Message 8 of 34
maelbelit62

I'm having exactly the same problem with exactly the same error message. I first encountered this problem on February 27 of this year when I purchased a subscription for SKB, at which point I opened up a support ticket with Autodesk support. I'm running a Mac with version 10.9. Was advised by the Autodesk help desk to try loading up previous versions of SKB to see if I was able to login, that didn't help. I was then advised to upgrade to a more recent OS system, at which point I tried it on my sons mac which was running v. 10.12, still unable to login, still having the same exact error message. Was considering upgrading to the latest version 10.13, until I saw this post, where someone else with version 10.13 is having the same exact problem I am. Keep in mind that my support ticket has been open since February 27 and there apparently is still no resolution in sight. The last response I received via the support ticket was on March 23, which was pretty much to repeat suggestions that were previously suggested. Ive since reached out to them again on four different occasions via the support ticket forum, I've yet to receive a response to any of those requests.
Message 9 of 34
david.lau
in reply to: maelbelit62

When you perform a 10.13 upgrade, you will need to backup your your computer. Most notably the /Users/USERNAME (house icon)/Documents folder. Do a straight upgrade (keeping the files) will not solve the issue. You need to do a clean install of the Mac OS. You will need to bring up the Disk Utility just before installing it and reformat the drive before installing the the update.

1. Download Mac OS Sierra and/or High Sierra

2. Get a 8 GB USB drive and make a bootable USB. Harder https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT201372 Easier http://diskmakerx.com

3. Boot on USB (holding OPTION key) and Wipe drive then install Mac OS 10.12/10.13.

I have recently done this on 2 computers and I have found out it's really hard to make a High Sierra Bootable drive so the workflow is as follows:

1. Backup contents (Copying files can take up to 8 hours) or use Time Machine (longer)

2 Download Sierra.

3. Download Disk Marker and make bootable USB with Sierra.

4. During install of Sierra (10.12), you must format drive to it's empty.

5. Right after installing Sierra, run update to get High Sierra.

6. Install SketchBook and Apps. Login will work.

7. Copy files back to your computer.

David Lau
Message 10 of 34
maelbelit62

While I appreciate all the suggestions and research involved in providing a "fix" for this login problem, I have to be honest with you, that seems like an awful lot of hoops to jump through just to get SKB to login. I was expecting/hoping for more of a "patch" fix for SKB on your end rather than the consumer having to go through all this just to make their subscription work. (I do believe I'm not alone in this thought). Maybe Autodesk should re-visit the idea of making SKB a stand-alone version once again.
Message 11 of 34
the_ookie

Are  you serious? This is not an acceptable fix. Backup my data and wipe my OS to fix a login bug on a free app that I've never needed to login to before? Lol. No.

Additionally, after 2 months of effortless functionality, I just got this SKB bug on my iPad Pro. What's the fix when I don't have access to a bootable USB drive since it's an iPad and has no USB ports? 

I was really enjoying the flow and interface of SKB but blocking bugs like this, on a free app, are egregiously frustrating. (Well, to be honest, I'd be more pissed if I actually paid money for it.)

Also, did I just lose all my illustrations if I didn't convert them to PSD's?

I guess I'll be moving on to procreate.   ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Message 12 of 34
IDMOAB

Not luck here either, not on W10 or W8. At least on W8 it did show the login menu (which appears completely blank on W10) with a script error notification popping up, but after typing in my email and password it shows an error saying the page isn't available.

Message 13 of 34
david.lau
in reply to: IDMOAB

You need to have IE 11 installed on your computer.  You can also try installing it on another computer and use the Registry key hack.  (See Above).

David Lau
Message 14 of 34
aunemichener
in reply to: the_ookie

I completely agree that this is not an acceptable fix- especially for paying users. I'm sick of opening tickets with these guys only to be ignored. 

Procreate you say? I'd rather pay a bit of money for something that works instead of no money than jump through a windows update-- which I just did a few months ago. 

I'm in costumer service- and this decision to tell all the people to update windows is a joke.

Message 15 of 34
IDMOAB

As mentioned above, installing bloatware to be able to use Sketchbook on PC isn't a valid solution. I'll have to look for alternatives outside of Autodesk.

Message 16 of 34
itsmenovah

hey guys i find it out 🙂👌🏻
i installed the app on my iphone ,evry thing was perfect until this **** massage apear (youbdont hv conecction or wot ever )
for solving ur problem you just need to go to setting/sketchbook
after selecting sketchbook you gonna see a option that is deactive ,just make mobile datas bottom green 👌🏻:rose:that is it ,now you gonna rock nd roll
Message 17 of 34
trudy8UB28

Thanks David! Kiss on your cheek. Your solution worked for me with my Win7 sys. After rebooting though. Started Sketchbook - only had to hit the Sign in button in the login screen and voila! Best regards from Trudy.

Message 18 of 34
Anonymous

I had the same issue on Windows 7 after I needed to format the hard drive for something else. It took me a few hours of figuring it out, but what finally worked for me was to open Internet Explorer 11 and to change its security options to 'Medium' (the default) and the privacy settings to 'Accept All Cookies'

I hope this helps.

Message 19 of 34
Aleksei.eroshin
in reply to: Anonymous

It worked! Thank you very much!

Message 20 of 34
7000fps

Yes , Installing IE11 did work  ,  Win7  64bit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report