SketchBook Forum
Hello Sketchbook Community Members! Sketchbook started a new exciting endeavor. This forum is now read-only mode. Please visit the new Sketchbook Help Center, https://help.sketchbook.com/ in the future. Happy sketching!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Font for sketchbook on android

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
33748 Views, 10 Replies

Font for sketchbook on android

Hi

I have sketchbook on my samsung S3. I would like to know how having more choice of fonts ?

can you help?

thanks in advance

Tags (2)
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
david.lau
in reply to: Anonymous

Great question.  Unfortunately, Android has limited font support. It is a function of the OS.  For desktop computers, you can download free fonts and install them on your computer.  This is not the same process on Android/iOS.

David Lau
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous

Thanks for your answer. So bad.
At least, I stop searching if it is impossible
Thanks
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous

hey dude,i had same problem ,until i compared font of sketchbook to my iphones font that installed on its os ,yup the font are same ,so i decided to add some font to my iphone by ifont app,after adding font to my iphone ,i opened sketchbook and looked into the font ,hell yea😃i found the new font into the list of sketchbook fonts .so by this method you can add evry font to ur app.good luck:rose:
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous

Hi 

thanks for your answer. I tryed … but no success. style the same font on Autodesk.

have a nice day

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: david.lau

I still don't understand why other drawing apps like Medibang Paint have a very wide selection of fonts available while Sketchbook only has a very limited selection of fonts to choose from (on Android).

Message 7 of 11
david.lau

@Anonymous Please post your suggestion (add additional fonts on Android) here:  

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/sketchbook-ideas/idb-p/804

David Lau
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous

Ok, thanks, I've added this as a suggestion in the sketchbook-ideas section.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous

Yes, and besides, Google has provided now a functionality where apps can connect dictly to a font provider (e.g.: Google Fonts) and download fonts on the go. Saying Android support for fonts is lacking is an utterly bad feedback from a company such as Autodesk. They could at least make Sketchbook open-source so we could implement those changes... C'mon Autodesk, you have everything to be great!

Message 10 of 11
david.lau

I have logged a suggestion for the development team to investigate this as a new feature. 

David Lau
Message 11 of 11
Anonymous

Thank you, that would be great! Perhaps it would seem like text isn't within the scope of the software but, specially these days, with so many handlettering artists and, of course, designers who make use of Sketchbook Pro, that feature would be awesome! \o

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report