SketchBook Forum
Hello Sketchbook Community Members! Sketchbook started a new exciting endeavor. This forum is now read-only mode. Please visit the new Sketchbook Help Center, https://help.sketchbook.com/ in the future. Happy sketching!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corrupt drawing and the inability to restore it.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1286 Views, 2 Replies

Corrupt drawing and the inability to restore it.

I had been working on a drawing for a few hours, and Auto desk began to lag and it kept timing out. When I was finally able to complete my work, and I saved it, the file became corrupt and now it will no longer load. When I open the image in the ap, it will return the page to a blank canvas. I'd greatly appreicate some help restoring my drawing, as it was a hard work peice as a gift for my mate. 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
david.lau
in reply to: Anonymous

I am sorry to tell you that you may have lost parts of the sketch.

IMPORTANT: To save a copy or version a file so you don't lose progress on the iOS/Android version of SketchBook.

a. Start Sketch
b. Go to Gallery and start a new Sketch, It will ask you to save the file.
c. Go to the Gallery and start a new Sketch again and it will ask you to save the file.
d. Open the first Sketch and work on it.
e. Go to Gallery and start new sketch and choose the "Save as a Copy" option.

David Lau
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

It just happened to me on my android tablet and saw that the support always says the file is dead.

I was able to recover the TIFF file by transferring it from the tablet to my PC, tried to open it with the windows version of SketchBook Pro and it worked.

I don't trust the soft stability because of the regular crashes and file corruptions.

So yes do "Save as" when you have big changes on your file.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report