SketchBook Forum
Hello Sketchbook Community Members! Sketchbook started a new exciting endeavor. This forum is now read-only mode. Please visit the new Sketchbook Help Center, https://help.sketchbook.com/ in the future. Happy sketching!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Colours muted/dull when saving from mobile app

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
482 Views, 3 Replies

Colours muted/dull when saving from mobile app

When I save my finished work, the saved version of the image has very muted, dull colours compared to the original. It even happens if I screenshot the vibrant version within the app, which makes no sense. Desperate for some help, it's so sad for it to look washed out. I end up using an image editor to try and bring it back. I did see one post with a similar problem but the answer doesn't make sense to me. 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

You sure you're exporting correctly?
You have to export JPG's with Quality set to 100%, otherwise it'll get compressed and it'll loose colours as a result of compression.

Try exporting into other formats such as PNG.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Thanks for replying. I can't see anyway within the app to change the quality setting when exporting, or even to choose file type. It exports as png. Am I missing something? I feel like there must be a settings menu somewhere and that I'm being dumb. 

I'm wondering if I need to export the PSD file to the desktop version of Sketchbook and maybe I'd then have more options? I use the app as I draw with an S3 tablet. 

Thanks again 

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Well pal, I fail at you because I don't use the IOS or any mobile app.
I'm using the Desktop Free version.

I certainly can't figure out what might be the problem.
Have you tried uninstalling and installing it again?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report