SketchBook Forum
Hello Sketchbook Community Members! Sketchbook started a new exciting endeavor. This forum is now read-only mode. Please visit the new Sketchbook Help Center, https://help.sketchbook.com/ in the future. Happy sketching!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Login because "My Account" option is not there

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
lalaleandro.jfo
2710 Views, 8 Replies

Can't Login because "My Account" option is not there

I've had an account on Autodesk for years now and recently bought a new computer. I downloaded Autodesk Sketchbook again but I can't access the Pro version in this new pc because the "My Account" option on the top bar is not available. There's: File, Edit, Image, Window, then it skips to "Help". What do I do? I really need the Pro features for art commissions, this is very urgent.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
david.lau
in reply to: lalaleandro.jfo

Just to let you know that SketchBook is now completely free.  The latest update has NO login requirement:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/sketchbook-forum/sketchbook-latest-update-no-login-required/td-p/9144...

Happy Sketching!!!  NOTE:  There is NO need to buy SketchBook Pro 2020.  It has the same features as the FREE version.

David Lau
Message 3 of 9
mpatchell98
in reply to: david.lau

If there is no option to sign in, how can I access the files that are linked to my account? I have come act this issue as well (I am using the app for Android) and it is extremely frustrating. I had switched phones and never logged in with thos new one, now I can't login to save these files and can not access the other files that I need. I don't understand why the option/function for signing has been eliminated.

Message 4 of 9
david.lau
in reply to: mpatchell98

When you login, it actually doesn't save any files to the cloud or share your account.  I would only give you access to the app.

The new version removed the login so it is REALLY free.  To move files from one Android phone to another Android phone, you need to move the files from /Autodesk/SketchBook3 to another /Autodesk/SketchBook3 folder.

See:

How to import SketchBook files from an older version into the latest version of SketchBook for Android

http://help.autodesk.com/view/SKETPRO/ENU/?guid=SKETPRO_Help_sb_basics_back_files_settings_html

David Lau
Message 5 of 9

i’m sorry but why wasn’t this update sent out in an email? i’ve lost all my files now, i just opened the app to find none of my artwork is there anymore because of this, this is such an insane thing for you guys to do and not give us any warning, i am on the same device so my files are just gone now? 

Message 6 of 9

Thats what exactly happened to me too 

Message 7 of 9

@princeofpersia61 , @Londonbananas84D79V9 

If you have your old Android device still, you can try to get your sketches on the phone/tablet by connecting it to a computer and going here:

/Autodesk/SketchBook3

That folder should have all your sketches in them.  The sketches are not in the 'cloud' via "My Account" to Login.  I am sorry to have to tell you that.

David Lau
Message 8 of 9

same issue. all my works are gone.

Message 9 of 9
david.lau
in reply to: jazneir.jazz

The signing in to the Account was just to 'access' the SketchBook when we had subscriptions on it.  It is now free.  If you deleted your app and reinstalled it on iOS, you will have lost all your sketches in the gallery.  I am sorry to tell you that....

David Lau

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report