SketchBook Forum
Hello Sketchbook Community Members! Sketchbook started a new exciting endeavor. This forum is now read-only mode. Please visit the new Sketchbook Help Center, https://help.sketchbook.com/ in the future. Happy sketching!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brushstroke has an outline

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
3178 Views, 7 Replies

Brushstroke has an outline

Hi everyone. I've been a subscriber to pro for two years and use to be very happy with the experience. Recently, I started noticing a halo, or an outline, around the strokes of virtualy every brush, expecially the most basic ones (that I use the most!). It doesn't seem to be linked to the resolution as it happens both with small and with huge dpi. Here are two screenshots with all the brush parameters. As you can see, I was painting blue over blue and there's a dark outline on the upper brushstrokes. Hope there's a solution because otherwise a great tool such as Sketchbook will become for me almost useless. 

Thanks in advance for any idea! 

Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
david.lau
in reply to: Anonymous

Can you export that brush and send it to us?

I have seen this before....

David Lau
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: david.lau

Yeah, sure. You can find the brush in the attachment. (It's a brush set with only one brush, I didn't know how to export just one brush 🙂

But it happens with many brushes.

Thanks! 

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

Hi, is there any possibility of solving this issue?

My pro subscription expired today and I would like to know if there's a solution to this problem before renewing the subscription. 

Thanks!

Message 5 of 8
david.lau

I have extended your subscription by 1 year.  Please do NOT update your credit card in www.sketchbook.com/settings

I have seen this issue before.  There is some feathering in the edges and the color picker is not 'perfect' when picking and filling a color.  It will be slightly off.  If color matching is imperative, double check the RGB values before re-painting it.

David Lau
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

Thanks a lot! I really appreciate it! 

It's not much about the color picker because it happens even when I don't change colours. It seems that I can go around it by using a softer edge for the brush (the halo is still there but it's less visible), even if it's out of my style. Also, and I'm writing this out of my experience and for the benefit of future developments, maybe it has something to do with really heavy files (with a bunch of layers). In other words, maybe it happens (also) when I'm a bit low on memory. 

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

Hi,

That's really an good work and thanks for sharing it with us.

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

Hmmm............ good to know about it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report