Announcements
The Simulation Mechanical Idea Board has been closed down and placed in read-only mode following a recent discontinuation announcement. Please see our supporting FAQ for more information.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Minimum mass participation setting for modal analysis

Minimum mass participation setting for modal analysis

When performing a modal analysis, you can get a lot of modes with low or near zero mass participation. The results is a lot of garbage data. When moving on to a random vib or other vib analysis whose input data is from the modal run, the inputs are overwhelming to the solution.

The suggestion is to put a threshold parameter of "minimum reported mass participation" in the model that will delete the results under that threshold, thereby delivering a clean input set to the random vib analyses.

4 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Autodesk,

This is really important for me.

I ran another linear analysis in order to determine the natural frequencies of an electronic assembly and got swamped with excessive almost zero mass participation frequencies.

It seems that there is some sort of variable in the software controlling that, I remember getting a few frequencies removed from the results because of mass participation below 1-E-06 or something...

Thank you.

Adrian

Anonymous
Not applicable
No way to find a set to fix the minimal mass participation, as far I can find... Running lot of shell model mass and participation almost reach 25% for all modes, it would be important to set a parameter as suggested, where any participation less than 85% to be over written.. Any suggestion from autodesk?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any idea if the filtering will be applied anytime soon?

It is painful without this option and Nastran in-CAD is not as fast as intuitive as Simulation Mechanical.

Thank you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any updates please?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report